CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Round oil bag under back bone

I have a lowbrow hard tail I just welded up that ready for an oil tank to be mounted. I have a 5 inch round oil tank with a center fill I'd like to use. I also want to mount it in front of the seat post and under the back bone. There looks like there might be just enough room to make it fit. I was wondering if anyone has a set up like this and can post some pictures.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pretty sure this is where most people put their oil bags on Sportster hardtails. Google image search is your friend

Yeah but my concern is will the filler cap be to close to the back bone. It's a center fill if I failed to mention. I can cut and relocate the fill but I think it will look cleaner without the filler cap poking out one side.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ah yeah didn’t realize that part. It may need some adjustment for sure but you could get it tight to one side or the other of the backbone so it’s not too far out

Good idea thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike photos.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	103919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike 2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	103920
    I went with the lowbrow hardtail too. Just got mine on the road and I can tell you my oil tank was a super tight fit. Had to reroute wires to get that extra little bit of clearance rearward for the rear exhaust tube. I know this probably wont help you in the slightest since you're going with a pill style tank, but there isn't much clearance that i could work down with because of the rear engine/trans mount and starter. Plus you need enough room to snake the feed tube under there going to your tank.

I don’t have a low brow hard tail I went with the tc bros and I have a round oil tank, but I have a springer seat so it just folds up to access the filler. I’ll snap a few pics and post them

Share This