CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Anyone here bought from Bryan Lane out of NC?

Hes on Instagram as fastlanepan. He gets some damn cool bikes, he'll even help ship around the country. Wondered if anyone else has done this and how'd it go? Ordering a bike would be sketchy, but man he gets some cool ones.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I might buy a dirt cheap machine online sight unseen to rebuild my way if the price was right but buying a complete, finished motorcycle without physically inspecting it is generally stupid because even if you like what you see there are many details best observed in person. If I want a finished machine enough to part with the cash then I want it enough to unass my chair and MAKE SURE of my prospective purchase.

You live in VA per your profile so the travel time isn't shit. Drive to NC and go see for yourself. The time and cost ain't squat next to the purchase price and especially the grief of buyers remorse because you see pretty photos or videos but the real steel however good is not what you imagined it was. Bring a trailer and you save the cost of paid freight, the machine will be tied down securely your way and you'll have it immediately instead of waiting for delivery. I drive from SC to Michigan, Ohio and Alabama every year for swap meets. Driving won't hurt and you get to see the whole shop and the fleet that's for sale.

If going on a weekday is a hassle contact the seller and arrange to meet on a weekend. Motels are cheap compared to motorcycles so overnighting is always worth considering. Also remember you can add machines over the phone with most insurance companies so you can have full coverage insurance immediately after purchase. It's easy enough to send title pics or whatever the insurance company wants. I take clear pics of both sides of the title as backup reference and when I go to DMV I always get hard copy of the title printed and in my hand on the spot.

Be aware that not building your own machine means while it may look cool you will not be intimately familiar with it the way you would if you do most of the work. I don't know your experience level but pre-Evo HDs are either best owned by skilled mechanics or someone UTTERLY determined to becoming one. Many things look pretty in pictures but make purchase choices coldly and wisely.

Get Adobe Flash player

I inquired about buying an FXR from him awhile ago. The dude is super nice, obviously does this thing all the time and will send you a bunch of photos and videos.

The only thing "sketchy" about it is that you're not there yourself to look the bike over and ride it. That's your call.

I would drive to look at a bike I wanted in a 6 hour (one way) radius. Like Farmall said if you're that close then just go check it out in person.
    Last edited by james69; 05-18-2020 at 9:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    I might buy a dirt cheap machine online sight unseen to rebuild my way if the price was right but buying a complete, finished motorcycle without physically inspecting it is generally stupid because even if you like what you see there are many details best observed in person. If I want a finished machine enough to part with the cash then I want it enough to unass my chair and MAKE SURE of my prospective purchase.

You live in VA per your profile so the travel time isn't shit. Drive to NC and go see for yourself. The time and cost ain't squat next to the purchase price and especially the grief of buyers remorse because you see pretty photos or videos but the real steel however good is not what you imagined it was. Bring a trailer and you save the cost of paid freight, the machine will be tied down securely your way and you'll have it immediately instead of waiting for delivery. I drive from SC to Michigan, Ohio and Alabama every year for swap meets. Driving won't hurt and you get to see the whole shop and the fleet that's for sale.

If going on a weekday is a hassle contact the seller and arrange to meet on a weekend. Motels are cheap compared to motorcycles so overnighting is always worth considering. Also remember you can add machines over the phone with most insurance companies so you can have full coverage insurance immediately after purchase. It's easy enough to send title pics or whatever the insurance company wants. I take clear pics of both sides of the title as backup reference and when I go to DMV I always get hard copy of the title printed and in my hand on the spot.

Be aware that not building your own machine means while it may look cool you will not be intimately familiar with it the way you would if you do most of the work. I don't know your experience level but pre-Evo HDs are either best owned by skilled mechanics or someone UTTERLY determined to becoming one. Many things look pretty in pictures but make purchase choices coldly and wisely.
    Thanks for letting me know about the insurance thing, I'll be looking more into that. But yeah like you said, it's only a 2 or 3 hour ride down from me, it'd be very stupid to order without witnessing in person. He seems to sell alot of old stock bikes, and I'm determined to become that skilled mechanic I've always wanted to be. The older the bike I may get, I plan to spend more time in the garage with it vs than on the road. That's what I want to do anyway, I gotta start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by james69 View Post
    I inquired about buying an FXR from him awhile ago. The dude is super nice, obviously does this thing all the time and will send you a bunch of photos and videos.

The only thing "sketchy" about it is that you're not there yourself to look the bike over and ride it. That's your call.

I would drive to look at a bike I wanted in a 6 hour (one way) radius. Like Farmall said if you're that close then just go check it out in person.
    Thanks for the input. Definitely seems like a cool guy. Just wanted to ask the internet as I have no real life contacts lol.

Get Adobe Flash player

Drove 11 hrs round trip to buy my latest shovel. Woulda been pissed if I would have gave even close to what he was asking and it showed up the condition it was in. It's way easier to negotiate in person, face to face a wad of cash makes a world of difference in a sellers decision making process

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by markwade74 View Post
    It's way easier to negotiate in person, face to face a wad of cash makes a world of difference in a sellers decision making process
    Fuck yeah. People HATE turning down dead Presidents and now the economy is smoking wreckage where TOYS are a low priority.

Never go shopping hungry and never marry what you can pimp. Most used vehicle sellers (I used to work at a used car lot and attended many vehicle auctions) only buy at such low prices they've got lots of room for markup. They aren't just making a few hundred bucks per sale unless the vehicle is a POS going for little money.

KNOW typical used prices for anything you want. I study exhaustively before buying anything.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have not purchased a bike from him but he has a good reputation. I just bought a bike long distance and this is how the transaction worked. I got detailed pictures from the seller along with VIN number. A video of it running and him riding it up and down a road. It is a late model bike so I checked the VIN on line and everything came back as the seller stated. He sent me a copy of the title showing front and back to verify no liens or other funny business. We agreed on a price with the bike delivered to my front door. I sent him a deposit via PayPal and got a cashier's check from the bank for the balance. Once it was delivered, I inspected and rode it before handing the cashier's check to the delivery driver. Everything went smooth and I have no regrets.

Share This