Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

A shout out to our hosts

As I am working on my bike wearing my Chop Cult T-shirt and benefiting from the collected knowledge and experience here I can't help but think back to when I first started in this "hobby" and the only way to learn was to know someone. And as they were all serious bikers back then it meant that you were "apprenticing" for the guy teaching you. Gopher became my middle name.

Added to that was the fact that you only became as good as the folks around you, there was not the verification by mass that we enjoy here. And let's face it some of the shit I learned was just plain wrong.

On top of all that we have the ability to meet and work with guys like Dragstews who not only know their shit, but are great people as well.

Anyhow to our most honorable hosts, THANK YOU FOR THIS SITE. And ya I need to order me some new T-Shirts to help support the cause!
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

... ...
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Hoghead
      • Jun 2015

I'll second that

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

A T-Shirt Huh ... ???

I'm still waiting for the Bentley ... !!

Comment

• DoomBuggy
          • Oct 2016

When I took my Grand Prix to the auction there was a guy staged a couple of cars back with a '80s Bentley. He wanted to trade straight up for the GP, but there is just no where around here to drive one without the asshole door ding brigade getting to it.

Beside my ol'lady would have looked at me like Jack coming home with a bunch of Magic Mushrooms, or were they beans, but you get the drift...

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

They was beans, but the mushrooms might have been better ...

Comment

• Hatchet54
              • Sep 2012

Funny enough my t-shirts just showed up in the mail this morning. 1000% seconded. This place has been a huge part of my journey with motorcycles. I registered here as a 19 year old kid that bought a $500 bike on minimum wage. I've gone through probably 15 or 16 other bikes since then. Everything I've done with my bikes in the last decade has been affected by the people on this board.

And not only that, but this is the only motorcycle forum I've joined that I haven't abandoned pissed off at some dweeb. The culture on this board is what makes it. It's tight-knit, creative, knowledgeable, not too serious, and these are people that I actually respect and like. That goes for the mods and hosts too. I think a lot of people elsewhere on the internet hate us, and that makes me like it here even more.

Rocking my shirts, reppin my patches, and bombing my stickers everywhere. 33 4ever

Comment

• bryan83taco
                • Mar 2013

I’m feeling the same. Been on here for a few years but finally picked up an old shovelhead to chop. Been doing tons of research on here getting my build on track. Just ordered some 33 gear to support the forum.

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

The Monkey says he's most happy here ...!!
                  Last edited by Dragstews; 05-08-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Hoghead
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                    When I took my Grand Prix to the auction there was a guy staged a couple of cars back with a '80s Bentley. He wanted to trade straight up for the GP, but there is just no where around here to drive one without the asshole door ding brigade getting to it.

Beside my ol'lady would have looked at me like Jack coming home with a bunch of Magic Mushrooms, or were they beans, but you get the drift...
                    Ha, ha, I get your drift... Slightly different for my bro Smurf, who bought home an 1980's turbo Bentley as a gift for his missus. Bless her she loves it, takes the kiddies to school in it and gives it long blasts sometimes. One problem, the cheeky git left his Rolls (temporarily...) in my OL's apartment's Garage...It's still in there. No room for her stuff.

Old Bentleys rock. This is my mate Ewen's shop.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	bentley.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	1318228

Back to the thread- this forum rocks, informative and fun. Keeps me sane (almost) during lockdown.
                    Last edited by Hoghead; 05-09-2020, 1:47 AM.

Comment

• Dragstews
                      • Sep 2010

Holy Moly ....

I have died and went to the Old Bentley 8 Litre Heaven ... !! ....

.../// https://youtu.be/43Sqn6_9dag \\\...
                      Last edited by Dragstews; 05-09-2020, 4:45 PM.

Comment

• ElekVins
                        • May 2011

Yes it's a great place, because there are great people around here!
                        Learnt many things here, even if i already forgot a huge part of it...
                        but that's another story...

Comment

• Davestune
                          • May 2014

U bunch of suck ups, haha

Comment

• LisaBallard
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                            As I am working on my bike wearing my Chop Cult T-shirt and benefiting from the collected knowledge and experience here I can't help but think back to when I first started in this "hobby" and the only way to learn was to know someone. And as they were all serious bikers back then it meant that you were "apprenticing" for the guy teaching you. Gopher became my middle name.

Added to that was the fact that you only became as good as the folks around you, there was not the verification by mass that we enjoy here. And let's face it some of the shit I learned was just plain wrong.

On top of all that we have the ability to meet and work with guys like Dragstews who not only know their shit, but are great people as well.

Anyhow to our most honorable hosts, THANK YOU FOR THIS SITE. And ya I need to order me some new T-Shirts to help support the cause!
                            Thanks for using the site on a daily basis and sharing your knowledge. Keep being rad.

Comment

• LisaBallard
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Hatchet54
                              Funny enough my t-shirts just showed up in the mail this morning. 1000% seconded. This place has been a huge part of my journey with motorcycles. I registered here as a 19 year old kid that bought a $500 bike on minimum wage. I've gone through probably 15 or 16 other bikes since then. Everything I've done with my bikes in the last decade has been affected by the people on this board.

And not only that, but this is the only motorcycle forum I've joined that I haven't abandoned pissed off at some dweeb. The culture on this board is what makes it. It's tight-knit, creative, knowledgeable, not too serious, and these are people that I actually respect and like. That goes for the mods and hosts too. I think a lot of people elsewhere on the internet hate us, and that makes me like it here even more.

Rocking my shirts, reppin my patches, and bombing my stickers everywhere. 33 4ever
                              Thanks for supporting CC over the years!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;