Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by farmall
    Not to mention the other failure in Afghanistan no Administration has the balls to leave.
    Guess Joe was listening to you...

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

He should have. The Afghans with the balls to fight in a similar situation were the Taliban who did not give up despite the US invasion. Our clients didn't care enough to feed or arm their own troops. They deserved to lose so they did.

Nearly all the Afghans who pretended to side with the US were worthless like they'd been to the Soviets (who did not withdraw under pressure and had only sustained light losses compared to the US in our Viet Nam mistake). A punitive raid would have been understandable and understood, but nation building was doomed. The US didn't withdraw before Trump floated the idea because our idiot ignorant militarily and socially illiterate public would have howled in partisan recrimination no matter which party was in power.

We elect shit because our public are mostly ignorant garbage. Our troops die because public concern does not go beyond "thank you for your service" (with nofucking understanding of what that really is) and never enough to know what wise policy looks like.

Comment

• seaking
        • Jul 2013

The trouble with Afghanistan is that the army we trained WAS the Taliban--there never was any difference.

I buy Japan made bearings for my parts; Koyo is mil spec and Denso is a major employer in my area that doesn't require the theft of intellectual property. My #1 problem with China--it isn't with China--it's that the USA corporations sell out their supplier's intel property and drive out competition with their shit products; their tools, their shop vacs, their auto parts, and in the end, they drive up their price to the original USA MSRP! So wtf was the point? Corporations live to control labor.

Comment

• Hubbard
          • Dec 2010

I agree that china sucks but what sucks worse is the fact that we americans have gotten so obsessed with greed for money and power that we will sacrifice ANYTHING to get all of it we can beg borrow or steal from anyfucking body. At any price.

Comment

• oscarmeyer
            • Sep 2013

don't be a pussy Dave what can go wrongClick image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.12.10 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1319996

Comment

• seaking
              • Jul 2013

Guess what's next--no country of origin. I've seen it, Timken doesn't label their box and they don't stamp their bearing dust cover since they were bought out (these were FAFNIR but came in a Timken box), I just don't buy them anymore. Japan makes a better sealed bearing anyway.

Comment

• william110
                • Sep 2021

china and Afghanistan new government (Taliban) are calibrate to change the Asia market Regards assignment writing service

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

Was a Town in Japan Renamed ‘Usa’ So Its Products Could Be Labeled ‘Made in USA’?

It is hard to imagine United States customs looking the other way on this one ...'

In the years after World War II, Japan, whose manufacturing capabilities had been almost completely wiped out by Allied bombing, attempted to rebuild both their economy and their industrial base by producing large quantities of inexpensive goods and exporting them to America and other countries. (The USA was the primary market, however, since it emerged from the war with a robust economy and had no damaged infrastructure to rebuild.) The phrase “Made in Japan” came to symbolize cheap, shoddy goods to Americans, and eventually the rumor arose that Japan had sought to avoid this stigma by deviously renaming one of its towns “Usa” so it could identify its products as being “Made in USA.”

This rumor was almost certainly a tongue-in-cheek joke inspired by someone’s noticing the coincidence of a town in Japan named Usa (and perhaps fueled by American xenophobia or lingering resentment of the Japanese). In fact, the Japanese city of Usa (on the island of Kyushu) was not created by renaming an existing town; it was called Usa long before World War II. As well, nearly every country that imports goods requires them to be marked with the name of their country of origin, not a town or city, and it would have taken some circuitous (and probably expensive) routing to get goods marked “Made in USA” into other countries without anyone’s noticing that they had originated in Japan. America, especially, Japan’s largest market by far, would certainly have noticed the incongruity of goods marked “Made in USA” being imported into the USA.

Of course, the idea that the U.S. Customs Department would simply shrug at Japanese products marked “Made in USA,” despite the confusion they would obviously cause, simply because they were “legitimately” identified as coming from the Japanese city of Usa is just silly. Lest anyone think that U.S. Customs inspectors were lax about enforcing the rules or willing to look the other way, consider the following difficulty Sony experienced with them as late as 1969 when Sony tried to downplay the fact that its products were Japanese in origin
                  Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Revelator
                    • Aug 2009

Yes Indeed. American companies taking advantage of the much cheaper labor found
                    in china. But I also blame the US Government for creating the conditions (such as over taxation,
                    Over Regulation) that greatly increase overhead "cost of doing business" for American companies.

Over taxed American Consumers, trying to save a buck will buy the cheap shit rather than pay more
                    for "over priced" American quality goods. Not all, but most of them.
                    I have always avoided buying non American made products (when possible), My father drilled that
                    into my head at a young age.... Always try to buy American, He would say. It's good for your
                    Country, & most of the time, Better made.

Comment

• rockman96
                      • May 2018

Originally posted by Revelator
                      Yes Indeed. American companies taking advantage of the much cheaper labor found
                      in china. But I also blame the US Government for creating the conditions (such as over taxation,
                      Over Regulation) that greatly increase overhead "cost of doing business" for American companies.
                      And don't forget the EPA. They've made it impossible to run certain businesses if they aren't grandfathered, and even then they are punished severely.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                        • Oct 2016

EPA is a funny topic, on the one hand you are right they have tightened the screws on several industries to the point it is no longer feasible to work in the USA. But on the other hand they have saved the Great Lakes as an example.

Pollution in Lake Michigan got to the point in the 60s that it was unsafe to swim most of the time.

One reason for China having cheap products is they don't give a fuck about the environment. Some of the pictures I've seen of the toxic waste piles there are frightening. I'll pay a bit more for my chrome if I know that there are some controls around it.

Balance of course is the key and as Americans we tend to swing the pendulum from one extreme to another!

Comment

• Sammy00
                          • Apr 2024

I agree that mostly what was done in China is shit. But Americans buy it, they are satisfied, they want cheap, that's why there is such a great demand for Chinese products. It's time to start buying what is made in the US and support local manufacturers.

Comment

• Hoghead
                            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Sammy00
                            I agree that mostly what was done in China is shit. But Americans buy it, they are satisfied, they want cheap, that's why there is such a great demand for Chinese products. It's time to start buying what is made in the US and support local manufacturers.
                            I went to buy a kid's toy recently, a Teddy Bear for my great niece. I've had so much shit QC parts in the past for bikes I don't buy from certain catalog biz anymore. So I looked closely at what was on sale. I bought a bear made in Germany, it's beautiful, safe and will last her a lifetime. We buy disposable as a choice too many times. That has never been an acceptable criteria for bike parts, but it's a better choice for all sorts of reasons.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;