Clear All
  • motoboy259
    • Mar 2016

fxr center dash dimensions

Click image for larger version

Name:	D81AE67F-7E98-47B5-AB33-80D255F510AD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1346670I got split tanks on my bike and I was looking to use a stock fxr dash only problem is I don't know the dimensions of the stock dash and I would like to know if will cover the gap between the tanks before I go buy one.
    Last edited by motoboy259; 05-01-2020, 9:36 AM.
  • 69Glide
    • Jun 2016

What year FXR dash..

Comment

• motoboy259
      • Mar 2016

Didn’t realize the size changed through out the years. Any info is useful just trying to find something that will fit so no preferences

Comment

• 1954bmw
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by 69Glide
        What year FXR dash..
        Without trying to be a dick, but maybe you should look at some FXR's, one of the dashes has a gas gage and a gas cap in the center, it's kinda skinny and others have a large speedo in the dash, gas caps are on the sides just like your tank. Have you considered a cats eye or one like that??
        Last edited by 1954bmw; 05-04-2020, 6:38 PM.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Split tanks have plenty of dash choices from blank covers to custom gauges.

I'm not seeing an intelligent or artistic point to running an FXR dash on split tanks. It is wildly unlikely to cover the spit at the rear even if it fits the front. That means some sort of abortion cover plate. Unless there is some deeply compelling emotional reason to screw with using an FXR dash (which were designed for different tank contours) I'd go with something actually styled to fit the split tanks.

FXR tanks have a different PROFILE than split tanks too. I like the classic split tank look better and the FXR dash profile (bottom AND side view) would look wetoddid on top of them.

I suggest thinking this through. If you like FXR tanks, why not buy a repop and toss the split tanks? If you like split tanks, they have some quite attractive (cat's eye for example) dash options.

Comment

• 69Glide
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by 1954bmw
            Without trying to be a dick, but maybe you should look at some FXR's, one of the dashes has a gas gage and a gas cap in the center, it's kinda skinny and others have a large speedo in the dash, gas caps are on the sides just like your tank. Have you considered a cats eye or one like that??
            I'm not the OP - just curious what style FXR dash he has? Might make a difference...

Comment

• motoboy259
              • Mar 2016

I had a cats eye on it with a leather strip but since rebuilding it the flow of the bike changed and was looking for something elseClick image for larger version

Name:	D65F6B30-75D4-4829-8AE0-1916B4FA8111.jpg
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1318267

Comment

• motoboy259
                • Mar 2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	626CBC9B-E150-4845-835B-440F2C3E4B7C.jpg
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1318268