CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default GS1100GK (because F you why not)

Hey guys,

I thought I would post something a little different than the xs650 that is posted all the time. (No dig on them just seen one boober/brat/cafe you have seen 99%) I traded a couple of bikes that had no value to me for this big brown turd seen here. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200309_164543.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	298.8 KB 
ID:	102912
    The bike is the rare, but not sought after gs1100gk. This is not a chop nor anything other than a big ol touring bike that can go like stink and handle some corners.
    I did recover the torn up seat, and I waterproofed the piss out of it. Also cut down the windscreen so I could see at night.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-04-24.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	301.2 KB 
ID:	102914
    Installing Marine speakers and Bluetooth amp board this weekend. Also had Tom at Deep Six Cycles make me up a set of 12inch tall strait t bars that are on the way. If you would like a set of custom bars order from Deep Six Cycles, great quality (He could charge much more than he does) and amazing communication.
    So that is about all I'm doing to the bike other than changing out incandescent bulbs for LEDs, because of the draw and 36 year old charging system. If you like it cool...if you don't cool. Its mine and I ride it. come on end times Im ready for ya.
    Thanks for checking it out and stay safe and healthy everyone.
    Last edited by ThatOneDad; 05-01-2020 at 7:46 AM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

That's a hell of a first post my man. Think you're in the right place. Welcome.

Get Adobe Flash player

2 is 2 no matter how you look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet54 View Post
    That's a hell of a first post my man. Think you're in the right place. Welcome.
    Thank you. I have been poking around on here for years. Lot of really skilled and really good people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by markwade74 View Post
    2 is 2 no matter how you look at it
    You must not have kids in primary school. because 2 is like 12 minus 10.

Any thoughts on with lowers on front fairing or without? cant decide if it looks to big and bulbous upfront with out the lowers on.

How hard are they to get on and off, they will keep your upper legs warmer riding when it's cold out. Shaft or chain???

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneDad View Post
    Any thoughts on with lowers on front fairing or without? cant decide if it looks to big and bulbous upfront with out the lowers on.
    Looking too big and bulbous on that bike? Nahhhhhh

Get Adobe Flash player

https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/forum.php is useful for any GS enthusiast. GS series are plentiful and dirt cheap used except for a very few models.

They're basically bulletproof and upgrade stators and regulators are available.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/forum.php is useful for any GS enthusiast. GS series are plentiful and dirt cheap used except for a very few models.

They're basically bulletproof and upgrade stators and regulators are available.
    About 80% of GS stators that read open just need the crappy wires that run through the side cover replaced.
    Dusty

Get Adobe Flash player

Good to know. I daily'ed a GS 750 for several years but it was problem free and we didn't have any customer GS stator failures I know of.

Much Jap wire of the era sucked (LOVE the corrosion beneath the insulation even on minor accessory wiring!).

Quote Originally Posted by 1954bmw View Post
    How hard are they to get on and off, they will keep your upper legs warmer riding when it's cold out. Shaft or chain???
    there are 4 screws each side and its a shafty. it take about 30 secs to get both lowers off. it does keep your legs warm when its colder. rode it the mid 50s in a short sleeve and wasnt cold. How ever in high 60's and up its likea Fing oven at a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDave View Post
    About 80% of GS stators that read open just need the crappy wires that run through the side cover replaced.
    Dusty
    this is my 5th Suzuki of this era and probably 10th bike I have owned from the late 70s early 80's I just sprat any half electrical connection with contact cleaner than use some dielectric grease or battery protector on them. I think I have only had 1 RR fail on me. (I have been lucky and all but a couple have had electronic ignition..I hate points)

Bars from Deep Six Cycles look great. Got them installed. Luckily the old bars had so much pull back and were so wide that I just had to reroute cable and brake line.

Get Adobe Flash player

I cain't lie, that's pretty kickass dood

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet54 View Post
    I cain't lie, that's pretty kickass dood
    Thanks man. I am pretty happy with it. Need to synch the carbs (there not wicked bad) and I am pretty much done for now. I have a kz750 twin csr that I need to get from my old work and that bike I think I will try something a little weird with. I already put a tall vintage sissy bar on that one and it has a vetter fairing on it. Think I may convert it to mags and put some rabbit ears on that one. I have to say there are a ton of truly talented people on here (I am not one of them)

Any chance you could post up some pics of the 750 Kaw, I've got one that has been hardtailed and then has sat for probably 6 or 7 years???

Get Adobe Flash player

Totally, they will be old pics but I'll show you a couple. That bike has been neglected in my fleet and has needed a total rehaul since about 2015. I never even totally finished it, but I got close. It's hard when you have plans for your only daily rider. Now I have no excuse...getting it completely done is actually going to be my first priority when my work finishes up this season. I love the CSRs

Share This