• Hatchet54
      • Sep 2012

I cain't lie, that's pretty kickass dood

Comment

• ThatOneDad
        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Hatchet54
        I cain't lie, that's pretty kickass dood
        Thanks man. I am pretty happy with it. Need to synch the carbs (there not wicked bad) and I am pretty much done for now. I have a kz750 twin csr that I need to get from my old work and that bike I think I will try something a little weird with. I already put a tall vintage sissy bar on that one and it has a vetter fairing on it. Think I may convert it to mags and put some rabbit ears on that one. I have to say there are a ton of truly talented people on here (I am not one of them)

Comment

• 1954bmw
          • Mar 2015

Any chance you could post up some pics of the 750 Kaw, I've got one that has been hardtailed and then has sat for probably 6 or 7 years???

Comment

• Hatchet54
            • Sep 2012

Totally, they will be old pics but I'll show you a couple. That bike has been neglected in my fleet and has needed a total rehaul since about 2015. I never even totally finished it, but I got close. It's hard when you have plans for your only daily rider. Now I have no excuse...getting it completely done is actually going to be my first priority when my work finishes up this season. I love the CSRs

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
              • Mar 2015

Hell yea! I love these big ass cruisers. Theres a dude by me with an XS11 that runs and rides perfect with the GIANT front fairing, the super long nose, and tour pack. And it's purple! Dude only wants $750 for it. Might go grab it this weekend.
              Tom at Deep Six is a good dude! Does great work.

Comment

• ThatOneDad
                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by WannaBeFabrication
                Hell yea! I love these big ass cruisers. Theres a dude by me with an XS11 that runs and rides perfect with the GIANT front fairing, the super long nose, and tour pack. And it's purple! Dude only wants $750 for it. Might go grab it this weekend.
                Tom at Deep Six is a good dude! Does great work.
                Do it! offer 5 $100 bills and I bet you could pick it up. I love my big old rice tourers. Dream bike is a kz1000p.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ThatOneDad
                  Do it! offer 5 $100 bills and I bet you could pick it up. I love my big old rice tourers. Dream bike is a kz1000p.
                  Oh my God. I've been trying to get one of those things for years. There was a CHERRY one in Denver last month for $800 and I considered quitting my job over it

Comment

• ThatOneDad
                    • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Hatchet54
                    Oh my God. I've been trying to get one of those things for years. There was a CHERRY one in Denver last month for $800 and I considered quitting my job over it
                    2 years ago there was one a few hours north of me in mid-Maine. Emailed the guy. talked to him on the phone. Was going to giving him asking price ($1000) drove 3/4th of the way there, 3 hours to be exact and he called me when I said I was almost there to tell me he sold it to someone else. I don't think I have lost my temper like that in a long time. I would give my left nut for a clean kz1000p (I've got 2 after all)

Comment

• Hatchet54
                      • Sep 2012

I would have kept driving to the guy's house. With a baseball bat...
                      I have never, ever, once wanted an inline 4 bike except for that 1000p.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                        • Sep 2012

Here's some old photos of my KZ back before it turned into a pile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	168.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1318222Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhonda_Dusk1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1318223

I rode the bike like that through all of college and a while after. Never technically finished the build, but close enough that I could own it.

At some point the paint went to shit, and then a bunch of miscellaneous crap followed. Repairs and mods got increasingly Mickey Mouse'd until it started to get pretty dangerous. You can see in the second photo how the pipes were sagging off. The tires were the last straw. Literally the oldest slickest driest flattest tires I've ever run on anything, I have no doubt they are from the 80's and I probably put 5k miles on them at least.

So I called it there...she's holed up at my parents' house now under a tarp. Still runs great of course, but it needed so many little things, after a while I just had to shut her down and drain all the fluids to keep myself from taking her out again and doing irreparable damage and/or wrapping myself around a pole.
                        My hope is at the end of 2020 I will go to my parents' house and pick her up for a total overhaul. New tires, controls, paint, seat, frame, etc...the list goes on but I have a plan. Want to bring back the old paint scheme too.
                        I did get a new set of scrambler pipes made up for it last year which turned out pretty good. They stick way the hell out and make it awkward to ride, but I put some uber heat shields on them and it's alright.
                        Memory lane...Kawasaki always has my heart...

Comment

• ThatOneDad
                          • Nov 2019

I dig it. I couldn't rock those clips ons though. I have the back of an 85-year-old. The only issue I have seen with kz's is if you swap the tank and seat out it looks like a 2005 drop seat frame. I wish I had mags like the ltd instead of the Chrome Spoke Rims of the CSR. Any chance you know what shocks you had on the rear on that. I really like the rear stance. On mine, I am thinking about the same for the rear end height-wise. I love me a stepped seat. The great thing about LTD's and Gl's and any "custom" from the '80s is no one wants them so you can get one for almost nothing. Think I may switch out my bags on the GS though. maybe some big tusk adv panniers. I like the look of the bags but I use my bike on daily and will run down pick up some groceries or whatever and the opening on the bags sucks. Can fit. the wife asked me to run to the store on the way home and a gallon of milk just fits. once in I could fit probably get 3 or 4 in each bag but its a cf trying to get something in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F200819067.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1318249

Comment

• Hatchet54
                            • Sep 2012

I hated the mags for the longest time but they've grown on me recently as I've looked back at old photos. I'm still considering doing solid wheel covers on the rebuild...mooneyes style...we will see how it feels.
                            The shocks were a generic vintage Bridgestone pair that I got on eBay. I don't remember the overall length but I do recall they were 2" shorter than stock, which matches how much I dropped the front. They ride pretty good for being 50 years old or whatever, they were in good shape and responded well to being cleaned up. But I'm not picky about having fancy suspension I guess.
                            I was just posting in the camping thread about using mule packer panniers, maybe check that out if you ain't sold on the tusk boxes. They'd be a heck of a lot cheaper

Comment

• ThatOneDad
                              • Nov 2019

well, Hatchet if you ever want to trade wheels let me know. Yeah, 30+-year-old bikes are not something that needs "fancy suspension" if you ask me. I could buy a gxsr750 if I wanted that. The pictures of your bike motivated me to set up to pick up mine. (at my old work that I did not leave on good terms with) so hopefully it's still there. On the whole tusk pannier thing..well I'm a dumb fuck and forgot that oh yeah I have the stock top case. So I decided to put it on today since its quick on and off with the key. Now it's built like a Porto Rican woman (big up top, small in the middle and real big outback). I need to get the new tires mounted because you know what isnt super great 24-year-old Dunlops..hell 1 year old Dunlops suck.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;