X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soca750
    • Nov 2009

Vintage Triumph T100/500cc Rear Loop for Biltwell Banana Seat

Hi All,

Anyone recall someone selling rear frame loops for vintage triumphs that matched the profile of the Biltwell banana seat?

I’m dying for one for a T100 Sled project...

Finally looking at my frame collecting dust in the corner and thinking it’s time to get that pile goin...
  • Dougtheinternetannoyance123
    • Apr 2012

I am putting together 2 project Unit 500s Desert sleds for a local guy. One early one late (63 & 68) He might
    buy one or both. dont know yet, But already put a down payment and outlined what he wants.

But I am not selling any rear loops but if you want to see some pictures I am doing mock up right now, and
    one option is I have a butchered rear loop and a idea he should copy my 65 TT bike where the rear loop was
    modified to neck down/narrow to snug fit the rear fender. I can post pix if you like.

But I got a couple others waiting for mock ups...My local guy wants swing arm desert sled, but some of the
    others are hard tailed flat trackers along this style and 2 Daytona Road racers like Gary Nixons...
    Along these lines,.,,,Trying to use up my 500 parts and keeping one but selling off the rest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TRIUMPHFlattracker37382d5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	1317694Click image for larger version

Name:	TriumphNixonracerIMGP1426.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1317695

And I got a 53 T100C old racer build coming up thats in my private stash.. They didnt make many of them but
    will take me too long to restore factory, although I have a local guy I helped on his, Took him about 4 years but his
    is spot on with all the correct stuff. But I am looking to build mine as period racer like Big Ds or Ed Kretzs sweetride Click image for larger version

Name:	TriumphflattrackerKretzdccd59cd.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1317696

Comment

• datadavid
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Dougtheinternetannoyance123
      I am putting together 2 project Unit 500s Desert sleds for a local guy. One early one late (63 & 68) He might
      buy one or both. dont know yet, But already put a down payment and outlined what he wants.

But I am not selling any rear loops but if you want to see some pictures I am doing mock up right now, and
      one option is I have a butchered rear loop and a idea he should copy my 65 TT bike where the rear loop was
      modified to neck down/narrow to snug fit the rear fender. I can post pix if you like.

But I got a couple others waiting for mock ups...My local guy wants swing arm desert sled, but some of the
      others are hard tailed flat trackers along this style and 2 Daytona Road racers like Gary Nixons...
      Along these lines,.,,,Trying to use up my 500 parts and keeping one but selling off the rest.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102484[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102485[/ATTACH]

And I got a 53 T100C old racer build coming up thats in my private stash.. They didnt make many of them but
      will take me too long to restore factory, although I have a local guy I helped on his, Took him about 4 years but his
      is spot on with all the correct stuff. But I am looking to build mine as period racer like Big Ds or Ed Kretzs sweetride [ATTACH=CONFIG]102486[/ATTACH]
      Any gearbox parts in your 500 stash? Layshaft 1st more specifically, almost a consumable..
      Looking for a half decent transmission cover as well and some other bits for a t100p engine, 70's

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

...Ed Kretzs sweetride.
        thanks for the tip... a great story of 'Iron Man':

A Day at the Races: Motorcycle Racing Legend Ed Kretz Jr.
        "...You can’t talk about the son without first introducing his father. Ed Kretz was born in 1911 in San Diego, and started riding motorcycles out of sheer necessity during the Depression. Another legendary racer, Floyd Clymer, saw his talent and managed to get the young rider to race a new Indian motorcycle..."
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
          • Apr 2012

Datadavid,,,Ill send you a PM. Probably have the parts you need. Been doing major organizing and inventory while on lockdown.
          But lets leave this guys thread on topic. (Although I seem to hijack many, Mistakes have been made!)

Here is the loop I was talking about. I dont know if this helps or not...Now these are for a 650 and I did this custom one years ago.
          (Bent it around a hardwood post) But its not hard to do, but really cleans up the ass end and tidies things up. Also turns heads when people try to figure out what they are seeing. I will be doing some more shortly on some BSA Street tracker as the frames are butchered so going to go wild building custom street tracker-Desert sled.
          ** Also looks good on some Nortons as well.
          But on the Triumph 500s I have a damaged rear loop and going to suggest this same mod as a idea. Hope this helps! If not pardon the intrusion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-010F.JPG
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1317740

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;