Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bryan83taco
    • Mar 2013

I took a closer look at the gas tank today. Some serious surface rust going on in there. At first I mildly freaked out. Then decided to search Chopcult. I guess this is fairly common. I tossed in 2 gallons of apple cider vinegar and I’m gonna let it sit for a few days. Then I plan on tossing in some smooth pebble rocks and shake it around. Then finish it off with some Red Kote.

Picked up some essentials

Comment

• bryan83taco
      • Mar 2013

Tank turned out pretty good. Waiting for it to dry fully then ill apply the Red Kote.

Got the frame back. Ready to build back up now. Sanded it down and applied two coats of Rustoleum appliance epoxy.

Edit: waited for it to dry then mounted fender, sissy, and seat. Still need to get fender/sissy powder coated and drill frame for front seat mount.

Last edited by bryan83taco; 05-17-2020, 6:53 PM.

Comment

• bryan83taco
        • Mar 2013

Starting to look like a motorcycle again.

Comment

• bryan83taco
          • Mar 2013

So I’m flipping through my clymers manual trying to find engine mount torque specs. It only mentions upper engine mounting bracket at 35 to 40 ft/lbs. Are the lower engine mounts the same? Or are they the crankcase stud nuts/bolts? I’m not a fan of this manual. The HD one I have for my Sportster is Much better. And yeah I’ll be shimming there engine and trans cuz some shims fell out when I took them out.

Got the front end just about finished up. Topped it off with bel ray 10w oil. I need to order two 1” axles spacers for the spool.

I ordered a Rivera Primo 2” open belt drive and their Pro Clutch. Supposed to come in early next week.

Also, I ordered some Vtwin oil line fittings and they would not thread onto the TT style horseshoe oil tank. From all the research I did they should have. Any ideas?

Comment

• bryan83taco
            • Mar 2013

This awesomeness came in the mail today. Except the compensator nut won’t thread on. Seems like it’s the wrong thread pitch. I sent them an email, I’m sure they will make it right. Or I’ll just use the stock one.

Last edited by bryan83taco; 05-27-2020, 7:02 AM.

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
              • Jan 2015

Digging the thread. Thanks for sharing. Cool project.

Comment

• bryan83taco
                • Mar 2013

Looks like I lost a bunch of posts. It's fine, because she's still not running, lol. All wired up but, won't kick over. I took a break over the past several months. But its cooling off here in FL and I'm ready to dive back in. I'm gonna mess with the timing this weekend, and try a different kick starting procedure which I just read about in another thread. Here's an updated pic, she'll run one day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	k9We3gj - Imgur.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	1320770

Click image for larger version

Name:	2KJzCDP - Imgur.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	1320771

Comment

• ridethewind
                  • Apr 2024

Looks killer!

Comment

• hanaluck
                    • Apr 2024

Great! I feel this is the fastest shovel head project idle mining empire

Comment

• Camocrocks
                      • May 2022

any updates!?

Comment

• SteveJ
                        • Mar 2022

Is the fender & wheel in the middle of the rear axle plates?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;