Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HogsRear
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by heyyodho
    Did you move onto a stroker for the rebuild? Either way, it might be worthwhile to try the heavier advance springs. If you are using the black springs now you could try the silver ones.
    Nope, stock bore just refreshed. If it ends up not being an intake leak (a friend pointed out the clamps I have aren't that good of quality) I will check the springs again but I took a look the other day and everything looks solid in the advance/points.

Comment

• HogsRear
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Davestune
      check your throttleplate bushings, I had a E that had that problem worn throttle shaft
      I have the carb apart right now but the throttle shaft is still in place. Do I pull it out to check the bushings?

Comment

• AbbandonZK
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by HogsRear
        I have the carb apart right now but the throttle shaft is still in place. Do I pull it out to check the bushings?

Yes. Remove the springs and throttle plate and jiggle the shaft. The shaft should not wiggle in the throttle bushings.

Comment

• HogsRear
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by AbbandonZK
          Yes. Remove the springs and throttle plate and jiggle the shaft. The shaft should not wiggle in the throttle bushings.
          I'm able to wiggle it a tiny bit, and there's no resistance sliding it in and out of the carb body. You think that could be it?

Comment

• AbbandonZK
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by HogsRear
            I'm able to wiggle it a tiny bit, and there's no resistance sliding it in and out of the carb body. You think that could be it?
            Yes that could be it. Does the throttle shaft have excessive wear where it rides on the bushing?

Comment

• HogsRear
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by AbbandonZK
              Yes that could be it. Does the throttle shaft have excessive wear where it rides on the bushing?
              Not really honestly. I cleaned it and checked everything with the butterfly and it all looked good. The carb is clean and I double checked all the little pieces. Put it all back together with new seals and better clamps and same issue is still there. Running out of ideas.

Comment

• fahadrgp
                • Apr 2024

So I got a lot of people asking me to do another video and I was looking at my blog today and realized that I had never posted anything on cleaning carbs, so I guess this is kind of like an introduction to cleaning the carbs on a motorcycle. I know it's not really pretty and there's probably a few ways you could do this better, but I just wanted to go over how to use carb cleaner because that's how I've been doing it for years. So here we go.

So the first thing we want to do is just take the intake off and make sure that we don't get any of that stuff in our cylinder or on our valves and stuff like that, so we're going to put some paper towels around the intake. You could use anything you want, but if you're working outside, it's probably better to use something that will soak up the water or the carb cleaner or whatever it is coming out of your engine.

Comment

• ftyouiftty
                  • Apr 2024

Is there excessive wear on the throttle shaft where it rides on the bushing? happy wheels

Comment

• SteveJ
                    • Mar 2022

No jet sizes mentioned in the thread...
                    Ive NEVER seen an E with worn out throttle shaft bushings.
                    Just spray some wd40 or other accelerant into the area of the throttle shaft if you HAVE to check it.

Comment

• Davestune
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by SteveJ
                      No jet sizes mentioned in the thread...
                      Ive NEVER seen an E with worn out throttle shaft bushings.
                      Just spray some wd40 or other accelerant into the area of the throttle shaft if you HAVE to check it.
                      I have and have the tool to ream new bushings, carb ran amazing after

Comment

• SteveJ
                        • Mar 2022

Originally posted by Davestune
                        I have and have the tool to ream new bushings, carb ran amazing after
                        lol
                        Super E's dont have throttle shaft bushings.
                        The one sitting right beside me doesnt ...
                        lol
                        Your thinking of Super B's which do have throttle shaft bushing issues & have bushings in the repair kits , but are not worth the work.
                        What I think is going on here is maybe a few settings out of order adding up to the condition described.

Comment

• Davestune
                          • May 2014

Your right, lol my tool is for a m35 i rebuilt lol
                          I replaced the shaft on the super E
                          It was worn and the bike never sneezed
                          And idled normal
                          They do wear

Comment

• Sky
                            • Aug 2009

This post is from 2020, right?