CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default S&S Super E slain by dumbass.

Clueless owner didn't know screw slots are for counting fractions of turns and ran this one in so hard the tip snapped off when he tried to unscrew it. Zoom if you're on a phone. The tip remains in the now grossly enlarged hole.

Carb body is junk with only a few thousand miles on it.

Noob warning: Use your fingertips on these S&S mixture screws and and similar and NEVER bottom them out with more than gentle fingertip force. Ruining the seat is common and there's no repair option If you buy a used S&S inspect that hole with a BRIGHT light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Super_E_ruined.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

I think you're misreading the whole thing Farmall, the PO just got his mixture absolutely perfect and wanted to make sure that it never got messed with. He was being smart, really.

Get Adobe Flash player

How do you even do that? Almost like you'd have to be trying to sabotage it

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by markwade74 View Post
    How do you even do that? Almost like you'd have to be trying to sabotage it
    I suspect either alcohol or pot may have been involved.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet54 View Post
    I think you're misreading the whole thing Farmall, the PO just got his mixture absolutely perfect and wanted to make sure that it never got messed with. He was being smart, really.
    Hmmmm....I'm glad the EPA didn't mandate torque-to-yield mixture screws.

The Sporty it came off of will live again after I help the new owner refresh it. It'll get a bare carb to reuse the filter housing etc since there's so little difference in price between a bare body + a master rebuild kit and a bare carb.
    Last edited by farmall; 04-17-2020 at 1:05 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

......... Popeyed Out .........

Dang good can of spinach, that day ... !!

Last edited by Dragstews; 04-17-2020 at 1:29 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

All loose screws need to be tightened right? I see it all the time on small engines that newbies mess with, lucky for them you can get a replacement china carb on flea bay for "cheap"

Get Adobe Flash player

dude its a sportster, u junk the bike and save the carb

Get Adobe Flash player

If it were an Ironhead I would advise putting it out of its misery , but Evo five speeds are so tough they're (almost) idiot proof and this one (whose original, righteous owner sold it to Karb Killah then bought it back) had respectable testicles due to cams and a bore kit.

The story just got more interesting as the youngster (a good lad but in need of an MSF course as he's a noob) crashed my bros previously nice '86 FXR today. After making the rescue run I got to ops check the castering dolly I'd made from scrap a while back moving the otherwise unpushable FXR. I didn't have the rear caster style I want to use but it works well and the castering front wheels (not used on the rollback dollies I copied but which I require for longer distance pulls) make steering reasonable even with bent forks and a smashed rim. Second pic shows the FXR on my ancient orange plumbing pipe stand and the patient lift I use as an easily mobile shop crane. (The pt. lifts fit through a standard doorway and kick ass for putting engines on workbenches and stands. You want one!) Leg spread is adjustable too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FXR_wreck_castering_dolly.jpg   Patient_Lift_and_orange stand.jpg   FXR_dolly_front.jpg  
    Last edited by farmall; 04-18-2020 at 8:58 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    If it were an Ironhead I would advise putting it out of its misery , but Evo five speeds are so tough they're (almost) idiot proof and this one (whose original, righteous owner sold it to Karb Killah then bought it back) had respectable testicles due to cams and a bore kit.

The story just got more interesting as the youngster (a good lad but in need of an MSF course as he's a noob) crashed my bros previously nice '86 FXR today. After making the rescue run I got to ops check the castering dolly I'd made from scrap a while back moving the otherwise unpushable FXR. I didn't have the rear caster style I want to use but it works well and the castering front wheels (not used on the rollback dollies I copied but which I require for longer distance pulls) make steering reasonable even with bent forks and a smashed rim. Second pic shows the FXR on my ancient orange plumbing pipe stand and the patient lift I use as an easily mobile shop crane. (The pt. lifts fit through a standard doorway and kick ass for putting engines on workbenches and stands. You want one!) Leg spread is adjustable too.
    That guy wont be alive long enough to learn anything if he keeps this up�� i've been lucky when poking Broken idle mix screws out, holes have been serviceable afterwards. Screw just went a bit further in, still worked. Had a super carb guru fix one with jb weld and a broach once also, it still runs perfect

Share This