CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default filling and bleeding lockheed/juice

alright three attempts at filling my rear brake line without any luck. I've tried a mightyvac and syringe style bleeder. it doesnt seem to be making it through the master cylinder at all.

things that I've checked and confirmed:
    - when pushing the pedal air does flow through and fluid bubbles where line connects (so not clogged)
    - when bleeder valve is open and syringe is pushed or pulled air flows to the other end. (also not clogged)

so, is there a trick with these Lockheed master cylinders?? I've used a mightyvac on my more modern sporty lines and worked fine, but there was also fluid already in them. maybe there's a different technique for lines that are being newly filled as opposed to flushing old existing fluid?

If any point on the line is a high loop, especially if it is higher than the bleeder, it will take a while to get the air out. I have had trouble using a MityVac on a car system, because it would pull air past the seals in the master cylinder, FYI.

Best to bench bleed the MC and then bleed the system the old fashioned way, pump, open bleeder, close bleeder, pump.

These days, even new MC can be bad (import from you know where). You will never get them bled.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JBinNC View Post
    If any point on the line is a high loop, especially if it is higher than the bleeder, it will take a while to get the air out. I have had trouble using a MityVac on a car system, because it would pull air past the seals in the master cylinder, FYI.

Best to bench bleed the MC and then bleed the system the old fashioned way, pump, open bleeder, close bleeder, pump.

These days, even new MC can be bad (import from you know where). You will never get them bled.

Jim
    I'll give bench bleeding a shot and see how that goes. it could be the "U" bend of my hardline going to the MC causing the problem since it has to go up out of the MC. thanks for all of the help Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Always should bench bleed the master first. A lot of those aftermarket T-fittings are garbage also.

when bleeding the front master cylinder I removed the lever and used a screwdriver and pushed all the way worked quick might work with you Tom

Get Adobe Flash player

Share This