CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #21
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    The more money you have the better bobber you can build...
    That's bobber porn..

  2. #22

    Default

    Also, for anyone who is interested, here is the work he had done to it:

    93 ci
    Big bore jugs
    SS piston rings
    Duel plug SS heads
    Single fire ignition
    Andrews cam
    Solid lifters
    Roller rockers

  3. #23
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superman27e View Post
    Thanks, guys! I’m extremely excited about it!

    I had all these plans to chop it up, hartail, etc....but when I saw it, I started thinking I might just leave it like it is.

    Maybe down the road I’ll find another deal and I’ll chop the new deal, but there’s just too much history with this one. The seller, his wife and I stood in his shed that was dedicated and built just for his bikes just talking about the 30 years of memories they had with the bike. She took pictures of him selling it to me and pictures of me sitting on it. Super nice people.
    That story made my day. As much as I like the idea of breathing new life into some crackden Craigslist abortion, passing the torch to a new generation has a totally different type of appeal. I wish more of my bikes came with stories like these. Ride that thing well man and do the old-timer proud, you are a lucky guy and it seems like the bike was meant to go to you.

  4. #24
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superman27e View Post
    Also, for anyone who is interested, here is the work he had done to it:

    93 ci
    Big bore jugs
    SS piston rings
    Duel plug SS heads
    Single fire ignition
    Andrews cam
    Solid lifters
    Roller rockers
    Nice! Proper hotrod you got there!

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet54 View Post
    That story made my day. As much as I like the idea of breathing new life into some crackden Craigslist abortion, passing the torch to a new generation has a totally different type of appeal. I wish more of my bikes came with stories like these. Ride that thing well man and do the old-timer proud, you are a lucky guy and it seems like the bike was meant to go to you.
    Thanks, man. We all talked for about an hour. I really enjoyed hearing the stories and memories. It would just feel wrong chopping this particular bike up. He somehow knew that I had plans of chopping it, haha. I told him today that I was going to keep it as I bought it and that I would send him and his wife pictures of the memories my wife and I make with the bike.

    2:30 can't get here quick enough so I can go ride!

  6. #26
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Killer bike and awesome deal!
    Congrats!

    I see no disrespect to the previous owner to change things along the road and make it your own.
    I'm even surprised that some people think it is, especially on CC.

  7. #27
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Good score. Keep as-is and repair along the way. Upgrade on an as-needed basis.
    I hope you keep the guys number. May be useful if something needs repair. He would have info that may not be apparent.

    E-start with that 5 speed ?

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater66 View Post
    Good score. Keep as-is and repair along the way. Upgrade on an as-needed basis.
    I hope you keep the guys number. May be useful if something needs repair. He would have info that may not be apparent.

    E-start with that 5 speed ?
    Yep. Electric and kick start. Although you only have about 2-3 tries on a fresh standard battery to start it because of the high compression, haha. I don’t even try anymore. I just kick start it and ride off.

  9. #29
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Good on you man, e-starts are for chumps.

  10. #30
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElekVins View Post
    Killer bike and awesome deal!
    Congrats!

    I see no disrespect to the previous owner to change things along the road and make it your own.
    I'm even surprised that some people think it is, especially on CC.
    I hear you. I built a Pan from a basket case exactly the way I want it. But if i'd bought something that someone had spent years developing into a well sorted ride and a thing of beauty, i'd be reluctant to destroy their work. What we do is creative, so you may be puzzled that i'd use the word destroy. I'll give you an example- i've seen relatively wealthy newbs import beautiful old survivor bikes , tear them down and turn them into cliched ugly hipster b.s. Just my $.02

  11. #31
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Dual plug heads. Could use compression releases in 1 plug hole.
    Then again, if she kicks over, no need.

  12. #32
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Great score. Iíll bet money you wonít leave it as is though. Who ever does?! Good luck with it, post a build thread if you do make changes.

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in