X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Good pics of them rockers;

they are Jammer rockers:

see second photo, a close up of the rockers, in Jaguar's 1st post of his Jammer springer thread:

It has been brought up a few times to me, and I have never gotten a straight answer about the lower link on my front end. The link "looks" upside down. Some guys on the web say its wrong, others say its fine. Some guys in real life say its wrong and others say its right. It seems to ride fine. I have not

an original Jammer's springer ad:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Jammer springers original ad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1316966
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

That top tree has the split in the middle and pinch bolts like a Jammer too...how about a few pics of it off the springer.

since we're jammin' on the topic, how about a 'new' Jammer's catalog from 2007:

This website is for sale! dmt-design-bikes.be is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, dmt-design-bikes.be has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• TrailerParkKyle
        • Jul 2018

So here are some pictures of the top clamp. Still on backwards, but better pictures. The nut at the bottom of the stem under the bottom tree may also be unique.

Name:	20200403_171315.jpg
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	1317006

Name:	20200403_171318.jpg
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	1317009

Name:	20200403_171328.jpg
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	1317007

Name:	20200403_171336.jpg
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	1317011
        Attached Files

Comment

• gww250
          • Nov 2011

can't tell from the pics as the stem isn't clear but I think it's in upside down

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

In the first pic, I can see the UNEF thread inside the top nut, and in pic #3, I can see the UNEF threads on the neckpost (looks worn) on the neck at the top...it looks like there is a step at the bottom of the threads, maybe the threaded portion is welded on.
            What is the diameter of the threads and what is the pith (threads per inch)? Typical Harley and springer necks are 1" diameter with 24 TPI, (UNS threads).

That bottom nut may be to hold the neck in the bottom tree, it looks like a shoulder of the neck is against the upper part of the bottom tree.

Comment

• gww250
              • Nov 2011

Think your right about the threads so maybe the nuts are just reversed. That big cap nut should go on the top tree as it has a shoulder on it that seats into the tree and the jam nut goes on the underside of the lower tree.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                • Dec 2017

Yup, spigotted top nut and crown nut, top nut below upper tree for bearing adjust and crown nut to lock top tree.

Name:	springer or girder  bearing and upper nut assembly.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	1317024

Both should have a spigot which fit into the center hole of the top tree so the two pinch bolts on the upper tree lock them in place.

pull that bottom 'unique' nut off the bottom and let us know the thread inside that.
                Last edited by TriNortchopz; 04-05-2020, 12:06 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;