Disaster Readiness Thread (Natural and Pandemic)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slabman
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by datadavid
    Im definitely planting more potatos and veggies this year.. and getting my firearms and hunting permit. Just in case..
    Given that we both live in areas where firearms are heavily controlled this may be of interest. According to the local TV News this evening, Gunshops are declared a non essential business and forced to close, like cafes, schools and a whole bunch of other stuff. No one can buy ammo or guns.

Comment

• datadavid
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by slabman
      Given that we both live in areas where firearms are heavily controlled this may be of interest. According to the local TV News this evening, Gunshops are declared a non essential business and forced to close, like cafes, schools and a whole bunch of other stuff. No one can buy ammo or guns.
      We buy our ammo in bulk through the club. Those guys always find a way�� its also part of the national defence so if all goes to shit we will be issued military rounds✌️

Comment

• shank1kole
        • Dec 2015

Russia and others makes an compressed air rifle that people have converted to full auto(not a firearm because no cartridge)that shoots 2000fps and can hold 10,000 BBs almost made one for the wife for home defense.totally controllable and a its a fucking hornets nest.AIR powered weapons are great alternatives and you have a suppresed sound signature, all wins.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Pneumatic weapons have a long and interesting history including some 1800s combat use.

Another quiet way to hunt is a suppressed .22 but even without the suppressor subsonic .22 LR is used by some feral hog hunters with impressive results.

John takes out an aggressive 400 lb boar hog with sub sonic ammo suppressed with AAC Element II suppressor and the Ruger 10/22 .22 LR at night using the ATN...

22s were used successfully by Chechen forces against Russian invaders in urban combat. The Russians adopted the practice:

The Chinese Army has begun using a new JS-2 58mm sniper rifle It's unusual for sniper rifles to use a small round like this China’s proprietary 58x42mm cartridge, which is a little wider than the 556 NATO but shorter in overall length is mainl

Comment

• cdan1
            • Nov 2014

Don't know if you guys can have black powder where your at but I have five cap and ball guns and it's nice to have because you can make your own powder from stuff at the hardware store and projectiles can be molded from wheel weights. Nice to have when reloading supplies are limited. Damn things will shoot rocks if you can get them in the barrel.
            Last edited by cdan1; 04-01-2020, 7:37 PM.

Comment

• datadavid
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by cdan1
              Don't know if you guys can have black powder where your at but I have five cap and ball guns and it's nice to have because you can make your own powder from stuff at the hardware store and projectiles can be molded from wheel weights. Nice to have when reloading supplies are limited. Damn things will shoot rocks if you can get them in the barrel.
              In sweden cap and ball guns manufactured before 1890 doesnt require a firearms license, have to be 18 y.o to own one.
              They go for around 2-3000$ for a nice six shooter, colt and rogers&spencer seems to be the most common ones on the market here. You can get one for around 1000$ but then its gonna need repairs.
              Ciwil war era guns aint that expensive in the U.S right?

Comment

• cdan1
                • Nov 2014

No sir, I don't think I have $1000 in all five of mine.

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

The US doesn't limit ownership to genuine antique black powder firearms. Reproductions are quite popular and you can order them through the mail along with powder and percussion caps. Cartridge firearms are regulated differently and may fall under Curio & Relic status. The NRA have links to all the details.

Comment

• JBinNC
                    • Dec 2018

No sir, I don't think I have $1000 in all five of mine.
                    Must be reproductions. Originals are pretty pricey.

Jim

Comment

• cdan1
                      • Nov 2014

Yes but when you need them it doesn't matter if they are original or not. They will all get the job done

Comment

• JBinNC
                        • Dec 2018

Yes but when you need them it doesn't matter if they are original or not. They will all get the job done
                        I believe for our Swedish friend, the gun has to be vintage, not just vintage design.

Jim

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

How many parts can you legally replace and still call it antique? If there's a rolling year cutoff that's even better than fixed.

Comment

• datadavid
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by farmall
                            How many parts can you legally replace and still call it antique? If there's a rolling year cutoff that's even better than fixed.
                            There are some rules for that, i dont remember exactly. Main thing is authorized gunsmiths has to do rebarelling, indexing and parts repair. Most of the gun has to be pre 1890, and its a fixed year. No cartridge guns allowed. And the storage regulations are a bit more lax as well. Thats why they go for crazy money here.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;