CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Headphones n' helmets

How are you cats listening to music on your bikes?

I used to use a set of skullcandy earbuds circa 2009, but they are long gone, and they put pressure in my ears under my helmet anyway.

I bought a set of new, fancy "active noise cancelling" earbuds last year, but they turned into a bit of a fail when I realized the ANC actually amplified direct wind noise so it sounded like a US flag was whipping in my ears constantly. Whoops. The things fell apart on me after 6 months anyway. Junk.

So now I'm on the hunt for a new alternative. Since I got a new bluetooth MP3 player, bluetooth phones would be the cat's pajamas. Probably safer that way too.

I've got two 8-10 hour rides coming up this summer and I know for a fact I'm gonna need a way to get some BÍC up in here.

Get Adobe Flash player

My grandson has to wear a helmet when he rides with me so I bought a half helmet for myself. I got a Sena Cavalry which has their blue tooth tech in it. I run baffles wrapped in fiberglass on the panhead so it is not insanely loud. Around town it is fine, but over about 45 mph the wind is louder then the speakers. I tried to use google maps over the phone, forgetaboutit.

Still a nice helmet and as I said around town I can rock out. If I had to do it again I would have gone with a set of earbuds.

samsung earbuds with the remote on the cord so i can pause, skip songs and change the volume without taking my gloves off. or take out my phone. and a 3/4 helmet with a yellow bubble. helps alot with the wind noise.

I listen to the bike and the world around me,best headphones ever

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by cdan1 View Post
    I listen to the bike and the world around me,best headphones ever
    Right? Who listens to headphones on a bike... It could cost you your life.

Get Adobe Flash player

People who ride in a straight line on a two-lane for 8 hours in the country's least populated state

Get Adobe Flash player

I had these bluetooth Beats earbuds that were pretty small and probably wouldn't hit the helmet liner. They had this cord connecting the two buds and a remote on it to work the volume and pause. Battery lasted about 8 hours if I remember correctly.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by andri View Post
    I had these bluetooth Beats earbuds that were pretty small and probably wouldn't hit the helmet liner. They had this cord connecting the two buds and a remote on it to work the volume and pause. Battery lasted about 8 hours if I remember correctly.
    How was the sound? I think I just found the ones you are talking about on Amazon.

datadavid

Plugfones are great, not very good sound but good noise canceling. Plus they are cheap so you wont cry when they get lost or ripped to shreds, like all my electric stuff does.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah those plugfones look like about the perfect situation. Wonder how they would work under a helmet - do they stick out of your ears much?

datadavid

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet54 View Post
    Yeah those plugfones look like about the perfect situation. Wonder how they would work under a helmet - do they stick out of your ears much?
    No thats the thing, no stick out, all soft rubber parts so you wont even notice them. Sound has probably improved as well since i bought my 1st gen ones.

LucasSimpsonFKSE

I want to buy a pair of buds. I saw the jbl tune and those samsung buds. I tested both of them and I don`t know what to chose ...

Get Adobe Flash player

Bought a pair of Freedcom bluetooth on ebay for $30

They wouldn't work with the Bell Bullitt (sidenote: Harley dealers are clearing out the 2018 HD branded Bell Bullitts for insanely cheap)

So I set them up in a friend's Gringo and they appear to work great...

Well I want to buy some headphones that are wireless with a new version of Bluetooth. I searched a lot on google and found this link about best fake airpods . And I want to ask you if you know something about these fake airpods .. I need some feedback about them I don`t really know what to choose. I have some money but not enough to buy a real airpods. From what I read these are the best ones that can be bought at the moment. I want to make the right chose because I don`t want to pay for headphones every 2 months.
    Last edited by LucasSimpsonFKSE; 08-07-2020 at 6:47 AM.

HarleyKing

I have a subwoofer and rear speakers. Have major disbelief in helmets with headphones. They prevent from hearing road sounds an on some roads of my state the traffic is really heavy, it can lead to accidents.

Share This