Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hatchet54
    • Sep 2012

Headphones n' helmets

How are you cats listening to music on your bikes?

I used to use a set of skullcandy earbuds circa 2009, but they are long gone, and they put pressure in my ears under my helmet anyway.

I bought a set of new, fancy "active noise cancelling" earbuds last year, but they turned into a bit of a fail when I realized the ANC actually amplified direct wind noise so it sounded like a US flag was whipping in my ears constantly. Whoops. The things fell apart on me after 6 months anyway. Junk.

So now I'm on the hunt for a new alternative. Since I got a new bluetooth MP3 player, bluetooth phones would be the cat's pajamas. Probably safer that way too.

I've got two 8-10 hour rides coming up this summer and I know for a fact I'm gonna need a way to get some BÖC up in here.
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

My grandson has to wear a helmet when he rides with me so I bought a half helmet for myself. I got a Sena Cavalry which has their blue tooth tech in it. I run baffles wrapped in fiberglass on the panhead so it is not insanely loud. Around town it is fine, but over about 45 mph the wind is louder then the speakers. I tried to use google maps over the phone, forgetaboutit.

Still a nice helmet and as I said around town I can rock out. If I had to do it again I would have gone with a set of earbuds.

Comment

• patinthehat
      • Oct 2014

samsung earbuds with the remote on the cord so i can pause, skip songs and change the volume without taking my gloves off. or take out my phone. and a 3/4 helmet with a yellow bubble. helps alot with the wind noise.

Comment

• cdan1
        • Nov 2014

I listen to the bike and the world around me,best headphones ever

Comment

• rockman96
          • May 2018

Originally posted by cdan1
          I listen to the bike and the world around me,best headphones ever
          Right? Who listens to headphones on a bike... It could cost you your life.

Comment

• Hatchet54
            • Sep 2012

People who ride in a straight line on a two-lane for 8 hours in the country's least populated state

Comment

• andri
              • Mar 2012

I had these bluetooth Beats earbuds that were pretty small and probably wouldn't hit the helmet liner. They had this cord connecting the two buds and a remote on it to work the volume and pause. Battery lasted about 8 hours if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by andri
                I had these bluetooth Beats earbuds that were pretty small and probably wouldn't hit the helmet liner. They had this cord connecting the two buds and a remote on it to work the volume and pause. Battery lasted about 8 hours if I remember correctly.
                How was the sound? I think I just found the ones you are talking about on Amazon.

Comment

• datadavid
                  • Oct 2014

Plugfones are great, not very good sound but good noise canceling. Plus they are cheap so you wont cry when they get lost or ripped to shreds, like all my electric stuff does.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                    • Sep 2012

Yeah those plugfones look like about the perfect situation. Wonder how they would work under a helmet - do they stick out of your ears much?

Comment

• datadavid
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Hatchet54
                      Yeah those plugfones look like about the perfect situation. Wonder how they would work under a helmet - do they stick out of your ears much?
                      No thats the thing, no stick out, all soft rubber parts so you wont even notice them. Sound has probably improved as well since i bought my 1st gen ones.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;