• deadcitykid
    • Jan 2020

KZ440 Build

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	1346476
    Hard tail will be ordered soon will be mounting rear fender and sissy bar in the summer, but in the mean time i have a ton of work ahead getting the motor running and scrapping the rhino liner off that the previous owner sprayed the entire frame with.
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

It's easier to take the frame to a local monument company. They use sand blasters to cut letters in tombstones and all blast on the side. I haven't manually stripped a frame in forty years.

Comment

• deadcitykid
      • Jan 2020

Thanks farmall I’ll ask around tomorrow at work I would never have thought about using a monument place for sand blasting but it makes sense they use them to clean stones and such

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

This may be of interest; a guy choppin' his KZ440:

Bacca's KZ440 Kawasaki

"...Front footpegs going 7" forward and brake pedal going on old footpeg bolthole. Using old rearset gearshift turned farward on other side. pegs will be inline with crankshaft. I am going to fit a Kawa KLR600 disk front which is about 5" over stock...Some chopper builders use a piece of solid rod, with a short tubing sleeve instead of machining slugs. Machined slugs are stronger...Thanks, I can use this method to lengthen my down tubes as well...I prefer this "stretch" method of raking as you open up the space above your motor for easier maintenance and cleaning plus keep the bike higher at the front reducing the length of your handlebars...Stock forks pushed out to length of KLR600 forks...Downtubes cut and streched about 2"or 3"...have tape measure handy so let see. Old forks from bottom of bottom tree to top of axel 20", new KLR forks 27". SUPRISE, SUPRISE thats +7" over. No wonder it looks good at front & 38mm thick insted of 33mm..."

Last edited by TriNortchopz; 03-11-2020, 7:08 AM.
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

looks like your fork tubes are 33mm:

Compliments of "a member on another forum", Sorted by size, find yours and you can see what else shares the same size for a swapping donor. JAP bikes Fork Tube Sizes Fork Diameter Make Model and Year 27 Honda MB5 (82) 27 Honda CR-60R (83) 27 Honda XR-70R (97-03) 27 Honda XL-70K (74-76)...
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;