X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knappoleon
    • Jul 2018

Chopper things to do in Japan

Hey everyone.

So I'm finally getting over to the land of the rising sun to go see the mooneyes show this year and visit my brother that lives there. I'll have about ten days and would like everyone's suggestions on things to do or see while I'm there. Bike shops, vintage or antique stores, anything unique that's Motorcycle, antique, liquor, tobacco, tattoo or music related. Let me know the cool shit you've done, things you wish you did or what ended up just being touristy and should be avoided. Or if you're going to be there for the 2020 show give me a shout and maybe I'll see you there!

Thanks in advance!
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

The things to avoid right now in Japan is crowds.........

Best of luck..............

Comment

• Vinson
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Knappoleon
      Hey everyone.

So I'm finally getting over to the land of the rising sun to go see the mooneyes show this year and visit my brother that lives there. I'll have about ten days and would like everyone's suggestions on things to do or see while I'm there. Bike shops, vintage or antique stores, anything unique that's Motorcycle, antique, liquor, tobacco, tattoo or music related. Let me know the cool shit you've done, things you wish you did or what ended up just being touristy and should be avoided. Or if you're going to be there for the 2020 show give me a shout and maybe I'll see you there!

Thanks in advance!
      I went to Mooneyes for the first time this past December. The only advice I have regarding the show is to get there early. It fills up in the afternoon and 20,000 people starts to feel like 20 million pretty damn quick.

Really didn't do too much bike stuff outside of going to the show, mostly just ate a shit ton and checked out historical and cultural sites. We bounced around between Tokyo, Yokohama and Kyoto.

Comment

• docmel
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Vinson
        I went to Mooneyes for the first time this past December. The only advice I have regarding the show is to get there early. It fills up in the afternoon and 20,000 people starts to feel like 20 million pretty damn quick.

Really didn't do too much bike stuff outside of going to the show, mostly just ate a shit ton and checked out historical and cultural sites. We bounced around between Tokyo, Yokohama and Kyoto.
        Been to all the cities listed above : Common denominators:

1. Bring ALLOT OF MONEY: Those cities are some of the most expensive in the world to visit. Drinks, food, anything = big $$$$

2. Don't fuck with the cops there. TRUST me on this

3. The bike culture isn't as huge as it is here in the US. You wont see allot of choppers/bobbers outside of the mooneyes venue

4. It's packed with people EVERYWHERE. You think mooneyes was packed? That pretty much the norm in all of Japan

Comment

• Rhysmort
          • May 2017

Originally posted by docmel

3. The bike culture isn't as huge as it is here in the US. You wont see allot of choppers/bobbers outside of the mooneyes venue
          This isn't totally accurate. There's a massive vintage Harley scene in Japan. Maybe not Tokyo central but outside of there. They're hugely into Americana, and I believe about 80% of vintage Harleys reside in Japan. They do vintage US better than you guys do yourself!

Other than that, all accurate. Second most expensive place I've ever been to.

Comment

• Vinson
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by docmel
            Been to all the cities listed above : Common denominators:

1. Bring ALLOT OF MONEY: Those cities are some of the most expensive in the world to visit. Drinks, food, anything = big $$$$

2. Don't fuck with the cops there. TRUST me on this

4. It's packed with people EVERYWHERE. You think mooneyes was packed? That pretty much the norm in all of Japan
            It was my first time in Japan. I read plenty regarding population density but it really doesn't prepare you until you see it first hand, especially if you're not from a large city yourself (nothing really compares in the States).

Having said that, still had a great time. Would recommend it to anyone that can afford it.
            Last edited by Vinson; 03-27-2020, 9:25 AM.

Comment

• Davestune
              • May 2014

Chopper things to do in Japan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
              take all our Iron back home

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;