• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Davestune
    Give me that truck.
    Fuck all these new shitboxes
    In my eyes a puckup is a workingman's truck.
    All this newshit fucking sucks. Just like Harley Davidson, they suck
    While I love old trucks, I have to say my Sierra is a real joy to drive. We have had this one for 5 months now and I already have around 12,000 miles on it. On the highway it is quiet and the 8 speed tranny gives me around 21 mpg if I am not loaded down or towing anything ( around town I am lucky to get 12 mpg, but then I have a lead foot ). While in Arizona I had a blast off road in the desert, it just dug in and ran like a raped ape.

But looking under the hood I am guessing I will be able to do basic maintenance and brake jobs, but not too much more. Besides I have the Panhead to wrench on, lol.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by farmall
      Well put. Indian figured out (after the ugly Polaris disaster, styling killed that brand) they need to look cool and have over 100hp not to suck.
      If y'all want to know what talking out of your ass looks like, read no further. What kind of mushroom you chewing on, old man? This kind of authoritative yet completely wrong bullshit is why idiots feel so empowered these days. Thank you for reminding all of us never to listen to you. (Polaris's "disaster" has to be among the most successful relaunches of a brand since Bloor - and don't kid, as much as the Steves consolidated the brand post-Gilroy, they weren't sinking the dollars for a new platform like Polaris did.)
      Last edited by MadRiverMoCo; 03-13-2020, 1:29 PM.

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by MadRiverMoCo
        If y'all want to know what talking out of your ass looks like, read no further. What kind of mushroom you chewing on, old man? This kind of authoritative yet completely wrong bullshit is why idiots feel so empowered these days. Thank you for reminding all of us never to listen to you. (Polaris's "disaster" has to be among the most successful relaunches of a brand since Bloor - and don't kid, as much as the Steves consolidated the brand post-Gilroy, they weren't sinking the dollars for a new platform like Polaris did.)
        I thought Farmall was referring to Victory being the disaster?

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Hoghead
          I thought Farmall was referring to Victory being the disaster?
          I was. That's why it went away. The public rejected it.

after the ugly Polaris disaster, styling killed that brand
          The Indian styling is the solution. OCC-style boomerchoppers were a reaction to the Honda Shadow-looking early Victories. What's hilarious is so many owners were surprise Polaris closed Victory. After the recession there wasn't enough surplus money to fund niche companies whose whole business model relied on insufficient Harleys.

As we eventually enter the next recession (inevitable anyway with or without Kung Flu) it will be even more difficult for niche makes to survive but Polaris positioned Indian well. What must never be forgotten is motorcycling in the US is mostly for old men and Indian like anyone else are vulnerable to events which cause those old men to spend cautiously. The economy doesn't have to crater to scare them into keeping their spare change liquid. I doubt kung flu will kill enough Americans to matter vs the shitload who die of the usual causes but people are simple creatures. A lot of them will (as they should) invest in useful things like prepping before toys. (Most of us are mechanics whose lifestyle is inherently prepped, but mechanics are a minority of bike buyers.)

The motorcycling press and biker community mostly live in a bubble and often don't study their hobby and toys in context with the rest of the world. The global market crash just vaporized billions in luxury toy money worldwide and in the US. It hit so fast that much of the damage is yet to happen. A rebound won't quickly replace money saved over time and our service-based economy is getting hammered.
          Last edited by farmall; 03-14-2020, 8:56 AM.

Comment

• JBinNC
            • Dec 2018

Supply chain disruptions won't be unwound for a year or more. That has more real implications than the Wu Flu. And explains the market collapse better than the flu problem.

Jim

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Bonus is makers just learned they need to diversify since nowhere is safe (the famous Spanish flu apparantly began in the US).

Fuck Beijing. Paying them our money to build the PLA and PLAN we spend hundreds of billions in on our Pacific Fleet and other military units to contain has always been questionable.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                • Sep 2012

You guys ever hear of the DeLorean Motor Company?

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Hoghead
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Hatchet54
                    You guys ever hear of the DeLorean Motor Company?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLore...ompany_(Texas)
                    Any color you want, as long as it's gray...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;