Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corrosiontrav13
    • Feb 2012

Frame jig plans

Anyone have any frame jig pdf’s or prints that I could use? I am gonna build one to chop a frame I want to do.
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

What did Google show you that you didn't like when your searched "frame jig plans" so we can weigh in on something different? ALWAYS devote some time to checking out the wealth of existing info rather than asking to be spoon-fed. That way you will THINK PRECISELY and get exactly what YOU want. This applies to all subjects.

This is a good overview. Once you know the principles you may fab something to your preference:

Protip:
    Become great at using search engines. It saves gobs of money on everything.

Comment

• Scoobydude
      • Sep 2016

I haven't heard of any plans, but I got mine going from copying dudes jigs from insta pics. My jig is an I beam with some moveable fixtures that can be aligned vertically by tightening screws or clamps, because the I beam is very slightly crowned in the middle. Chop source has cool stuff, I don't like their axle plate fixture tho, too much slop between the all thread and the holes they fit into.

Comment

• corrosiontrav13
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by farmall
        What did Google show you that you didn't like when your searched "frame jig plans" so we can weigh in on something different? ALWAYS devote some time to checking out the wealth of existing info rather than asking to be spoon-fed. That way you will THINK PRECISELY and get exactly what YOU want. This applies to all subjects.

This is a good overview. Once you know the principles you may fab something to your preference:

Protip:
        Become great at using search engines. It saves gobs of money on everything.
        I tried google and came up with the same one. Just wanted to see if anyone had one that was a rotisserie set-up.

I have a stock ‘82 FXE frame and I want to hardtail it with a FabKevin set-up and I want to stretch the down tubes 2” and rake the neck to around 40 degrees.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Put the same or any style jig between rotisserie ends by copying a car rotisserie. The quick way to save fab time is buy two cheap auto engine stands and bridge the bottom with box tubing. Rotating auto rigs are ancient and examples are plentiful online. Image search "home built car rotisserie" ( I just did.)

For the space they eat I don't see a need for rotation other than production and would rather find a machine table with T-slots like from an old mill or planer (someone beats me to the local ones and they're too heavy to ship reasonably or I'd have one). Rotation isn't particularly useful for bikes since they're so simple and the pivots take up shop space.

This setup is magnificent and good for much more than frames:
          ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

Comment

• gww250
            • Nov 2011

The chopper builders handbook site has some great free detailed jig plans at https://chopperbuildershandbook.com/framejig1.html

Comment

• ncmc47
              • Oct 2012

Gary I'm glad to see your website up and running again. You have been missed. I'm sure a new generation of builders will find their way to your site. You have so much good to offer.

Comment

• corrosiontrav13
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gww250
                The chopper builders handbook site has some great free detailed jig plans at https://chopperbuildershandbook.com/framejig1.html
                Awesome! Glad this resource is up!

Comment

• West7
                  • Jun 2019

Originally posted by gww250
                  Thanks for putting that back up. It's been a great resource for me.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;