Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannaBeFabrication
    • Mar 2015

Mocked up my chain and it’s going to be close but it looks like it’s going to work. Got my fender mounted to my frame today, made some threaded bungs and welded them to the fender, going to eventually get to the small sissy bar I’m planning. Hooked up my gas lines and she’s idling and revving pretty good. Going to mess with the timing a little bit to get it spot on but, as for now, she’s firing up with one kick! All this self isolation is making this build move a lot quicker than I thought. I’ll have some pictures to upload in a few.
    Last edited by WannaBeFabrication; 03-23-2020, 2:57 PM.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
      • Mar 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	Full.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	1316614

Name:	IMG_6284 copy.jpg
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	1316615

Name:	IMG_6286 copy.jpg
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	1316616

Name:	IMG_6289 copy.jpg
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	1316617
      Still messing with handlebar ideas, think I'm set on a set of tiny riserless Z bars though. The mini apes I made are just a bit wide for how I see this bike rolling down the road. I drilled out the HHB solid riser bushing to accept a 1/2 bolt so I can just use Harley size (1/2-13) riser bolts and bungs as that's what I am making constantly. Hope yall are digging this so far. If you follow me on instagram (@wannabefabrication), you'll see the occasional story post of this thing running plus all the custom bars I make.
      Last edited by WannaBeFabrication; 03-23-2020, 6:45 PM.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
        • Mar 2015

Got the sissy bar bent and mounted, kinda digging the little guy for now but I'll probably make another one if I get another fender. Don't mind the handlebars, they're just a joke. Getting ready to head out to the shop now to make some bars and mount the sissy bar to the fender.

Name:	IMG_6367 copy.jpg
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	1316728

Name:	IMG_6366 copy.jpg
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	1316729

Comment

• Luky
          • May 2018

Looking good. I think your decision about the handlebars is correct. Make it comfortable for you.
          Do not worry about comments by others in general.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Luky
            Looking good. I think your decision about the handlebars is correct. Make it comfortable for you.
            Do not worry about comments by others in general.
            The last thing I’m ever worried about is what others think about my build. My daily rider (08 Sportster) is one of those “love it or hate it” bikes. Here’s what it looks like ��

Name:	B3E4C4D2-40E7-4D1C-8B3F-8FC0FE819883.jpg
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1316773
            Stock rake, +6 forks tubes, 21” wheel, shovelhead shocks, bunch of motor work

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
              • Mar 2015

Name:	F63A332E-0654-4398-8189-31B13C4D91B1.jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	1316890
              Got my foot peg mounts made, turned down some pins out of brass to hold the foot pegs, and now im just tweaking everything a little bit to get them perfect. Then I’ll move on to my rear brake pivot mount that I made up the other day. That’s not so exciting, just bored out a bit of stainless, drilled, threaded, and threw a grease fitting in there for good measure.
              Last edited by WannaBeFabrication; 04-01-2020, 3:55 PM.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                • Mar 2015

Name:	IMG_6452.jpg
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	1317071
                Almost there. Should be cruising down the street next week!

Comment

• Redsandman6
                  • Mar 2017

i have been following the build on instagram. keep up the good work.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Redsandman6
                    i have been following the build on instagram. keep up the good work.
                    Thanks man

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                      • Mar 2015

Got my brake rod and all that good stuff put on and the drum is all tuned up earlier today, Chain should be here tomorrow! Hopefully everything aligns correct and I'll be going for a test ride by Monday!

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                        • Mar 2015

Finished up the fabrication for the brake (return spring, pedal stop), threw the battery in, got some gas in her, did a little last minute tuning and took this little yamahog down the road! So stoked to know that I was able to take nothing but a motor in a frame and make it run down the road. This is the most in depth build I've done and definitely didn't expect to get it "done" in just two months. Still need to do a little bit of timing adjustment and such but she rolled down the street and back without a single hiccup. I posted a video to my Instagram if you want to see it take off and rip up the driveway. Making a tail light and then strip down for paint. Here's a little pic of the brake stuff I fabbed up.

Name:	7242E832-8395-4BEE-BB54-027CD58C1984.jpg
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	1317591
                        Last edited by WannaBeFabrication; 04-20-2020, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                          • Mar 2015

After a few quick adjustments (and a jam nut on the brake pedal stop), she starts up first kick (hot or cold), she stops, and she cruises super smooth down the road with no hiccups. Now I'm hoping to grab a stainless exhaust kit, make my tail light, and start the paint process. Still on the fence if I want to powder coat or just paint the frame. I know powder will last a whole lot longer but paint will ensure a perfect match in the frame and tank color. Plus, I do have some spots that need to be bonded and smoothed out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                            • Mar 2015

I know no one is really paying attention to this and I haven't updated anything in a week or so but I've been real busy.
                            Got the Yamadog running, tuned, and rolling down the road without issue for a week straight now. I ordered a bunch of swatches from Prismatic powders and I've finally decided on my final paint scheme and colors. I also started surgery on the front end. I had a huge leak in the left fork seal (in the right as well but it wouldn't pour out like the left) so i took it all apart and figured out why. It looks like they tried to clamp the fork lower into a lathe or something to shave them and completely squared the seal area.

Name:	IMG_6648.jpg
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	1318191Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6649.jpg
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	1318192
                            So I said fuck it, they're junk anyway, might as well use them to try my hand at shaving myself on my little lathe. Worked out alright, didn't go to deep but my lathe isn't exactly the strongest thing in the world and my tooling needs a desperate upgrade but I got one shaved down successfully. now, since the stock lowers were completely useless to me, I threw in a set of Ironhead tubes into my stock trees. Fuckin A it raised the stance exactly where i want it but, with the tubes being tapered, it was ugly as sin with the tubes sticking out an inch and a quarter out of the top tree.

Name:	Stance.jpg
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	1318193
                            Plus, the XS trees are ugly to begin with... So i cut the stem out of the Ironhead tree, Took apart my perfectly good front end, and cut out the stem of the XS... Dropped the Ironhead bottom tree off with my buddy who is a machinist and has all the knowledgeand tools to get the stem hole of the ironhead tree bored out to accept the XS stem... see where I'm going with this?? I also noticed that, contrary to what I've read, the ironhead top tree is too big to pinch onto the XS stem so i made myself a little pinch spacer to make that fit. I'm on the search for a 21" 3/4 bearing Spool wheel to throw up front and I cannot wait until I get a call from my powder coater saying he's ready to open back up after all this shit. I'm so stoked to show y'all what I came up with for the paint/powder scheme! Stay tuned, hopefully new updates this weekend.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                              • Mar 2015

Well, I did it. I fucken put an ironhead front end onto a XS and it works flawlessly. Just had to turn out a spacer for the bottom neck bearing and she’ll be 100%. I went ahead and ordered my 21” Spool wheel and tire so I’ll shave the lowers while I’m waiting on that to be delivered. I spent all day trying to figure out the cheapest way to get a spoolie with a tire and I waited until the old lady was nice and distracted while playing Kindom Hearts 3 and asked if I could order some stuff and she just said “Huh? Yea. Sure. Whatever you want babe.” So I hurried up and checked out before she realized what she had done. Super stoked to show y’all all the goins on and the next step is powdercoat. Apparently, there’s a dude down the street from me that’s been doing it for over 40 years and even had a few bikes in street chopper and Easy rider mag that he’s coated. And he’s doing it for a hell of a lot cheaper than my normal guy who does an alright job. I’ll post pictures when I get her rolling around.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                                • Mar 2015

Name:	IMG_6727.jpg
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	1318486
                                Ironhead front end is complete with spool wheel. Pretty stoked. Took it out for it's longest test ride so far and she made it home at least. it was about a 5 mile backroad run (still no headlight/tail light or license plate). Struggled a bit going up hills, rear drum brake was dragging, and my idle was ridiculously high. Adjusted the idle when I got home and I should have my new needles and main jets tomorrow and I'll grab a timing light to get that tuned in. Still undecided on what headlight I'm going to run but I'm making my tail light this week. still searching for a LED cluster that will fit in the 1/2" thick housing I'm making. Also, gotta make new bars. The pull back on these is no where near enough. 'Til next time

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...