Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannaBeFabrication
    • Mar 2015

WE GOT SPARK! Got new plugs and a few other small things I’ve been needing and hot damn if everything seems to be lining up. Got the carbs real clean and blown out, just waiting for those little passage plugs for the carbs and hopefully get some gas in her and try to fire it up. In the mean time, I need to get that fender mounted then I can focus on getting it down the road then paint.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
      • Mar 2015

ok.... So we don't have spark. After everything was wired up, I believe I got spark a few times, now nothing. I've got power throughout the whole system except for out of the Coil to the spark plugs. My coil is testing well, and the plugs are new (NGK). I tested with the stock coil with the same result. Resistance between the two spark plug caps is normal as well. I tested at the PAMCO board and everything tests well there also. I'm at a loss. I do have a set of DYNA 5 Ohm coils I have yet to try but they're for my Old Lady's CB350four Cafe project so I'm trying not to break them up. Any ideas? Carbs are tuned up, floats are set, gas is waiting, just need the spark to get this thing running.

Comment

• BrokeAss
        • Jan 2020

If you have a 12v logic probe (got mine from SnapOn) you can check and see if the pickups are actually triggering the coils or not. My recollection from my XS build is that those electronic ignitions are fragile and easy to pop. As long as it's sending a ground pulse to the coil(s) and you've supplied the necessary 12v, they should be sparking. I assume you have a good spark tester?

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
          • Mar 2015

I’ve followed all the correct ways to check for spark with the pamco ignition and not blow the unit. Made sure I didn’t leave the killswitch on or the ignition on. I’ve got a buddy sending me a points plate to test if I got spark with that so I guess we’ll see. I’m leaving for vacation in a few days so I won’t know until next week sometime.

Comment

• NomadMullen
            • Mar 2020

Fuck yeah this build is gona be awesome

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by NomadMullen
              Fuck yeah this build is gona be awesome
              Ha, thanks man, I sure hope so. I get home from vacation around 2am on Tuesday, I have parts waiting for me like points and a few other PAMCO units to check for spark again. I just know that I’ll get fire as soon as I get the spark lighting up. I’ll keep y’all updated.

Comment

• NomadMullen
                • Mar 2020

Sweet enjoy the vacation.look forward to hearing more about the build

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                  • Mar 2015

Alright So I think what I need is a damn battery lol I tried 2 more PAMCO units and a set of points and still nothing. Getting power to everything but I tested the voltage on the hot side of the ignition switch and it was only pushing 1.7v
                  Obviously not enough coming out of the capacitor to allow the system to send a spark. I did find a little time to make a quick set of bars. Just a little test set to check some angles and such until I make them out of stainless. Also made some threaded bungs for the fender mount. Hopefully I have better news next time

Comment

• NomadMullen
                    • Mar 2020

I think a new battery is yhe way to go other wise your just gona be busting your ass to get the thing to come alive.Any pics of the bars you mocked up ?

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                      • Mar 2015

The bars aren’t anything special, just a set of 10” mini wide apes. I’m stopping at the parts store to grab a cheap small battery to replace the capacitor and see what happens. My capacitor tests fine but, with only 1.7v being pushed out, something’s afoot. Here’s the bars, I’m really looking for a set of offset risers to make the center a bit skinnier but I’m not trying to spent $250 on em.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	F488BAB6-6390-4302-90C7-CBB75181961F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1316438

Comment

• NomadMullen
                        • Mar 2020

Danm im actually digging those bars ��.Do you think she will fire up woth the new battery ?. Im waiting on a new shock for my monoshock to come in then gona try scrape together a sissybar from some parts i have left about �� hopefully the old lady wount break her back on it.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                          • Mar 2015

Yup, she fired up second kick with the battery. I’m going to grab a new capacitor because I really like the clean look of going batteryless but for now, at least I figured out the gremlin that’s been plaguing me for a week. I knew it was going to be something really stupid.

Comment

• NomadMullen
                            • Mar 2020

Sweet yeah the capacitors are awesome for keeping it minimalistic

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                              • Mar 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	560DDAAE-C2F0-4EA1-96BC-E34989F99E3E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1316507
                              Got the seat mounts made and welded up, Shit’s starting to look like a moto-sickle again. Just a whole list of things to do before I get it going down the road.

Comment

• WannaBeFabrication
                                • Mar 2015

Ditching the batteryless concept, made a battery box and got it welded in. But now that I’m looking at it, it might interfere with the chain... I’ll mock that up later, might just have to weld in a tensioner to help clear it. I’ll post a few more pictures after getting back from the hardware so I can route my gas lines.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;