Late model brake master cylinder with sight glass. Can the sight glass be replaced???

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgilliesjr
    • Aug 2010

Late model brake master cylinder with sight glass. Can the sight glass be replaced???

So, long story short I picked up a master cylinder for $20 and bought another $20 rebuild kit for it. I am not familiar with any of these master cylinders with the sight glass built in them and was assuming, ya I know what they say about assuming, that they are replaceable like the sight glasses used on some Harley master cylinder covers. I have been looking and searching all day for parts and info on repairing or replacing the sight glasses on Harley masters but can’t find anything! There are videos and several parts for repairing them on import masters, there’s even one on replacing it with a coin! Are these repairable and are there replacement parts or even a hack to delete it????
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sgilliesjr; 06-23-2021, 11:00 PM.
  • sgilliesjr
    • Aug 2010

While I was going down the Internet rabbit hole I found two separate part numbers for Harley sight glass kits. 42854-06 42145-06. Still no info or instructions on how to replace them!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
    Working...
    ;