Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhysmort
    • May 2017

I'm 33, I have a few good years of kicking in me yet!

I'm also 95% sure this has FL guts. Which isn't a problem, but I'd love to see if the hype is true of how smooth the EL's are compared. Having ridden my UL 1300 miles in a weekend last May, a tank would probably feel smooth at highways speeds when comparing haha!

Comment

• Rhysmort
      • May 2017

Update time;

Not a great deal to physically look at, I'm waiting on oi line fittings, bearings cups, races, and a few other small bits which will get her finished! not had the bike in my possession two weeks yet, so really shouldn't moan it's not done!! **Impatient as shit as this is the first one I've put together fully myself**

So, fitted the fuel line and petcock, had the old man help me tap and drill out the tank to relocate petcock, as I'm running the brake rod backwards, installed the switch on the chain side, nestled by my fender off the rear tranny mount bolt. Started looking at putting my headlight bracket together, going to need to turn something down, thread it and get to some welding for the bracket.

Only issue I've ran into so far per se, is my rear wheel isn't trued, a real ball ache and not one of my strengths, any tips much needed and appreciated.

Few snaps of her as she sits.

Rhys

Comment

• Davestune
        • May 2014

Originally posted by Rhysmort
        I'm 33, I have a few good years of kicking in me yet!

I'm also 95% sure this has FL guts. Which isn't a problem, but I'd love to see if the hype is true of how smooth the EL's are compared. Having ridden my UL 1300 miles in a weekend last May, a tank would probably feel smooth at highways speeds when comparing haha!
        my EL is so smooth man, holy shit its smooth, My FL is smooth but the EL is amazing, my stroker knucklehead is a vibratory globlet of speed,
        do your barrles have a raised liner? a mesure will tell you the bore.
        let me ask you have you dated your frame, seein as ur a youngin at some point you may want a stocker in ya life, you can collect stock shit along the way.
        I can date your frame and front end as i have the palmers, I own 3 knuckles and building a 39 flathead atm
        your bike is nice looking by the way

Comment

• Rhysmort
          • May 2017

Originally posted by Davestune
          my EL is so smooth man, holy shit its smooth, My FL is smooth but the EL is amazing, my stroker knucklehead is a vibratory globlet of speed,
          do your barrles have a raised liner? a mesure will tell you the bore.
          let me ask you have you dated your frame, seein as ur a youngin at some point you may want a stocker in ya life, you can collect stock shit along the way.
          I can date your frame and front end as i have the palmers, I own 3 knuckles and building a 39 flathead atm
          your bike is nice looking by the way
          I can imagine man! my 47 UL was a big old vibrator, at 70 it would shake your teeth out!!

Yeah with this one, I was told by the guy I had it off it's FL guts. No biggie.

I haven't dated my frame sir no. My front end has repop front legs I believe, but the rears are definitely OG, numbers are all gone, once upon a time. Front legs, hard to tell what they are, but almost certain not OEM.

If you direct me with the frame I can get you some numbers to date it. I won't ever want a stocker though, I'm a chopper guy til I die. BT Flatties are a fantastic motor, I rode mine 7800 miles last year and she started rain, shine, warm or cold 1 or 2 kicks.

Thank you. I haven't cut corners at all with this one in terms of cost.

Comment

• pete808
            • Apr 2017

Great looking bike. I think you have accomplished more in a few weeks then I have in 2 years on my knuck. I like those pipes. I need to find me a pair asap.

Comment

• Davestune
              • May 2014

I can imagine man! my 47 UL was a big old vibrator, at 70 it would shake your teeth out!!

Yeah with this one, I was told by the guy I had it off it's FL guts. No biggie.

I haven't dated my frame sir no. My front end has repop front legs I believe, but the rears are definitely OG, numbers are all gone, once upon a time. Front legs, hard to tell what they are, but almost certain not OEM.

If you direct me with the frame I can get you some numbers to date it. I won't ever want a stocker though, I'm a chopper guy til I die. BT Flatties are a fantastic motor, I rode mine 7800 miles last year and she started rain, shine, warm or cold 1 or 2 kicks.

Thank you. I haven't cut corners at all with this one in terms of cost.
              perty sure your frame is end of year , very late frame, i have the same one my knuckle is all matching numbers and date codes for oct 47

Comment

• Davestune
                • May 2014

dont ever cut that frame up, if you want another frame you could sell it and buy a frame and still have a few grand left over

Comment

• Rhysmort
                  • May 2017

Originally posted by pete808
                  Great looking bike. I think you have accomplished more in a few weeks then I have in 2 years on my knuck. I like those pipes. I need to find me a pair asap.
                  Thanks man, I'm a stickler for organisation, I like things complete, I guess I get it from being a professional in the construction industry! or it plays to my strengths! Yeah the pipes are OG 60's Cali specials.. The only problem I've had with them is the baffles in them... took me half a day to remove them... Also, the gauge of the tube wall.. SO thick, nothing like you'd buy off a shelf these days.. back then I guess cost was less and people wanted things to last. Still has original chrome on them too!

dont ever cut that frame up, if you want another frame you could sell it and buy a frame and still have a few grand left over
                  Yeah, I won't be cutting or doing anything to the frame. All tabs etc staying put.

Comment

• Davestune
                    • May 2014

i wanted to point out that that kicker pedal, if it dont say made in USA , I would ditch it. I had one and the pedel shaft broke. 1 year kicking right leg.
                    toss a stock or a chicago repop on it , Thart thing scares me. Bike is so nice looking man

Comment

• 47str8leg
                      • Sep 2014

I recommend frenching in a '69 Charger gas cap into your gas tank.
                      It's all the rage these days.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6161.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1315931

Comment

• Rhysmort
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by 47str8leg
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]100319[/ATTACH]
                        Haha, I'd need a pretty damn big hole to get that one to fit!

i wanted to point out that that kicker pedal, if it dont say made in USA , I would ditch it. I had one and the pedel shaft broke. 1 year kicking right leg.
                        toss a stock or a chicago repop on it , Thart thing scares me. Bike is so nice looking man

The pedal came from an American friend, it's also OLD, I'd hazard to say it's american made. Albeit well used and worn. I'd like a nice old rubber one. On the list when I'm not flat broke. Some idiot bought a house and this bike+shipping at the same time? who'd have thunk it!

Comment

• Davestune
                          • May 2014

Haha, I'd need a pretty damn big hole to get that one to fit!

The pedal came from an American friend, it's also OLD, I'd hazard to say it's american made. Albeit well used and worn. I'd like a nice old rubber one. On the list when I'm not flat broke. Some idiot bought a house and this bike+shipping at the same time? who'd have thunk it!
                          haha, u need a house, look on ebay at the chicago pedals , they come in diff colors, and or you could get a repop oem pedal allso. I think ya bike will look way better that with the brass one anyway.
                          Hey atleast U dont have to pay rent anymore....

Comment

• Bbqbiker
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by 47str8leg
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]100319[/ATTACH]
                            You sunofabitch!!!! I know what your up to spreading your cruel mockery into other threads have you no shame?

It’s just jealousy pure and simple I am in possession of a piece of Chopper gold and have executed a skillful implementation onto my award-winning Panhead so go ahead make your cruel jokes while I make room on my trophy shelf

Sorry to interrupt this thread Mr Rhys but this shit needs to be put to bed with certain people hounding because THEY lack a sense of style and functionality.

Oh and ignore Davestune and all his cork sniffing numbers matching bullshit you said you were a Chopper guy but he doesn’t listen you cut that frame into 1 million pieces go for it
                            Last edited by Bbqbiker; 02-24-2020, 4:07 AM.

Comment

• 47str8leg
                              • Sep 2014

[QUOTE=Bbqbiker;839540]"You sunofabitch!!!! I know what your up to spreading your cruel mockery into other threads have you no shame" ?

Can't help it.
                              It's a sickness.

Comment

• Davestune
                                • May 2014

[QUOTE=47str8leg;839547]
                                Originally posted by Bbqbiker
                                "You sunofabitch!!!! I know what your up to spreading your cruel mockery into other threads have you no shame" ?

Can't help it.
                                It's a sickness.
                                screw bbq, if he wants to show his true honda colors

your sick...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;