Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luciano
    • Jul 2018

Installing Softail rear brake on ‘93 Sporty hardtail

I recently welded on a TC Bros hardtail on my ‘93 Sporty. I’m planning on installing a softail rear caliper, tucked in between the frame. It seems more reliable than the stock one. What’s the best/cleanest way to do this? Let’s see what ya got!
  • BlackCloudSalvage
    • Jan 2015

Well all that is needed is a tab to keep the brake assembly from rotating. However...a softail brake setup will be upside down when used on sportster since it is designed for right side use on the softail and therefore make it just a little more difficult to bleed.

Comment

• tzienlee
      • Apr 2024

why not try a 2003 sportster caliper, it is easy to fit and all you will need is a tab welded on the inside of the frame for the calliper slot to fit for a torque arm, & has a built in axle plate for easy mounting, 3/8 axle as well if yours is an inch just drill it out.cheap as chips on ebay…..
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2020, 8:20 AM.

Comment

• Luciano
        • Jul 2018

Originally posted by tzienlee
        why not try a 2003 sportster caliper, it is easy to fit and all you will need is a tab welded on the inside of the frame for the calliper slot to fit for a torque arm, & has a built in axle plate for easy mounting, 3/8 axle as well if yours is an inch just drill it out.cheap as chips on ebay…..
        Thank you guys for the tips! I just got an ‘03 rear caliper on eBay for cheap. I’m going to take a shot at this in the coming weeks. Do you have any photos of one of these tabs? The only one I found online was of the two piece bracket like the one pictured below. I’m assuming the same thing can be achieved by welding only the steel angle on the inside of the frame, correct?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	F6F6143F-AD02-42F1-B084-2401A071DA58.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1316115

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;