CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Installing Softail rear brake on Ď93 Sporty hardtail

I recently welded on a TC Bros hardtail on my Ď93 Sporty. Iím planning on installing a softail rear caliper, tucked in between the frame. It seems more reliable than the stock one. Whatís the best/cleanest way to do this? Letís see what ya got!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well all that is needed is a tab to keep the brake assembly from rotating. However...a softail brake setup will be upside down when used on sportster since it is designed for right side use on the softail and therefore make it just a little more difficult to bleed.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

why not try a 2003 sportster caliper, it is easy to fit and all you will need is a tab welded on the inside of the frame for the calliper slot to fit for a torque arm, & has a built in axle plate for easy mounting, 3/8 axle as well if yours is an inch just drill it out.cheap as chips on ebay…..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sportster calliper.jpg  
    Last edited by tzienlee; 02-15-2020 at 9:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tzienlee View Post
    why not try a 2003 sportster caliper, it is easy to fit and all you will need is a tab welded on the inside of the frame for the calliper slot to fit for a torque arm, & has a built in axle plate for easy mounting, 3/8 axle as well if yours is an inch just drill it out.cheap as chips on ebayÖ..
    Thank you guys for the tips! I just got an Ď03 rear caliper on eBay for cheap. Iím going to take a shot at this in the coming weeks. Do you have any photos of one of these tabs? The only one I found online was of the two piece bracket like the one pictured below. Iím assuming the same thing can be achieved by welding only the steel angle on the inside of the frame, correct?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F6F6143F-AD02-42F1-B084-2401A071DA58.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	100533

Share This