Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstripholdmybeer
    • Apr 2018

Rubber oil lines shovelhead

I've got a 72 Shovel in a rigid with horseshoe tank. I'm running upsweep exhausts and wondering what the best/highest temp rated rubber lines to use here would be. It looks like they might be hitting the exhaust so trying to avoid melting.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by firstripholdmybeer
    It looks like they might be hitting the exhaust so trying to avoid melting.

Just a short answer like usual.......... The exhaust shouldn't be hitting the oil lines you need to move one or the other.......... Why would you want preheat the oil??????????

Comment

• flatman
      • Sep 2017

You can put a large spring over the oil line so the pipe is not in direct contact with the rubberline. Did it on a 45 years ago and no ill effects as I can remember

Comment

• 47str8leg
        • Sep 2014

These are over priced but I'd at least use a hard line to get yourself away from the trouble area.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1315761

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by flatman
          You can put a large spring over the oil line so the pipe is not in direct contact with the rubberline. Did it on a 45 years ago and no ill effects as I can remember

Good Idea, I'll see what I can find. maybe some large coil electrical coil to cover. would probably look pretty cool too.

thanks

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
            Just a short answer like usual.......... The exhaust shouldn't be hitting the oil lines you need to move one or the other.......... Why would you want preheat the oil??????????

I heard cold oil is bad for the engine LOL

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
              • Apr 2018

Originally posted by 47str8leg
              These are over priced but I'd at least use a hard line to get yourself away from the trouble area.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]100092[/ATTACH]

that's what I have, I'll check again..maybe those will help the hose clear the rear upsweep.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Are you trying to go over your exhaust or under/behind it?????????

Comment

• hillcat
                  • Mar 2015

Are you trying to go over your exhaust or under/behind it?????????
                  You frequently answer a question with a question.
                  That's fine but PLEASE just one question mark and we get it.
                  Kinda reminds me of the guy who types in all CAPS. Unnecessary and a little annoying.
                  Sorry T, rant over.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by hillcat
                    You frequently answer a question with a question.
                    Sorry T, rant over.

Yep I do that quite often, and I have a reason for that too..............

I recently posted why I do that, But I guess you missed that while you were in the junk pile............

Have a great day...........

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

That's fine but PLEASE just one question mark and we get it.
                      Kinda reminds me of the guy who types in all CAPS. Unnecessary and a little annoying.
                      Sorry T, rant over.
                      You type like you want and I will type like I want........ If you don't like my post don't read them.........

Just in case you haven't read why I over use them..........................
                      I over use punctuation for all the people that don't use them at all!!!!!!!!!!!

Had you rather read a post that looks like a Borg ship with NO paragraph's or punctuation's???????????

That's drives me crazy........

Comment

• confab
                        • May 2019

I think the hardline suggestion is an excellent idea.. Few things would be more unpleasant than getting a sock full of hot oil while riding.

But as far as the best high temp hose? You can get anything you want here.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

• hillcat
                          • Mar 2015

You type like you want and I will type like I want........ If you don't like my post don't read them.........

Just in case you haven't read why I over use them..........................
                          I over use punctuation for all the people that don't use them at all!!!!!!!!!!!

Had you rather read a post that looks like a Borg ship with NO paragraph's or punctuation's???????????

That's drives me crazy........
                          OK, I thought you would take it this way.
                          You type the way you want and I'll comment on it if I feel like it.
                          Didn't mean to insult you.
                          Have a great day.

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

OK, I thought you would take it this way.
                            Have a great day.

Man I didn't take it anyway............. Not insulted at all, I just answered why I do it.............

Were all good, Comment away.

Have a good one.

LOL Oh by the way I can type normal if I were to choose to. But what would we do with all the unused punctuation's? LOL
                            Last edited by Tattooo; 02-13-2020, 8:32 AM.

Comment

• farmall
                              • Apr 2013

All hoses and lines should be positively controlled by clamps (aviation "Adel" style are best) and there are plenty of milspec clamps available via Ebay.

For insurance you can buy "fire sleeve" and slip that over the hose or line to reduce heat transmission at the possible contact area but the sleeve should not contact the exhaust to prevent chafing. It's also useful for wiring. No hose or line (hose is soft, line is hard) should be able to move close enough to exhaust to contact.

If you can't make it contact by hand it's probably save but more clearance is always better.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;