Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 7and7is
    • Dec 2012

Looking for source moded manifold

Not sure if Im not using the right terminology can't seem to find a supplier for a moded sporty (03) manifold see pic, anyone know a source?

• flatman
    • Sep 2017

The 03 is throwing me. but I think the term is a turn out manifold?

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

A custom 900cc Ironhead 45-degree intake manifold set up for a much later CV Keihin off an Evo as shown in pic is wildly unlikely to be a factory part but cool if so and I want one.

You may have to make an adapter but that's not difficult. I'd look for a 45-degree hunk of aluminum tubing the same OD as the CV carb stub (or close then machine a matching adapter) then weld the lot to a stock intake manifold (or my preference, an S-stamped Ram Jett). Make sure you run a stout carb brace!

There are all sorts of aluminum intercooler pipes (don't go too thin) and weldable elbow fittings (preferable) online.

The attached pic is NOT a tech tip but the Branch happens to center in the Ram Jett and those general dimensions would probably work well. The Branch spigot is too large to match a CV. (You could actually make it work but that's more welding and polishing than you or I would want to fuck with. I'd leave the Branch logo as a mind fuck for spectators and have a Dragstews-style polishing party to make it look official.)

Substitute a weldable 45-degree for the Branch, turn a spigot and weld the lot AFTER verifying the result will fit with whatever fuel tank etc you are using. You might have to make your elbow extend out further to let the CV top clear your cylinder heads. I'd leave at least 1/4" clearance between carb and head etc.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by farmall; 02-02-2020, 7:09 PM.

Comment

• 7and7is
        • Dec 2012

Found these guys once I got the terminology right.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;