Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sugarcubes
    • Apr 2024

nowadays, clean unmolested bikes like that are getting harder and harder to find. Its your bike so you can do whatever you please but if it was me I would keep it, ride it and enjoy it as is. If you want to chop something, evos havent boomed in value yet and at least the motors are pretty bulletproof.

Comment

• Cramer
      • Jul 2021

I am going to address some issues this weekend. New oil pressure gauge, oil filter seal, track down suspected primary leaks, I am afraid the rear brake system has DOT 3 in it (the plunger is not returning fully, fluid color is suspect).

Does anyone have any insight about the front end on this thing? I have found one picture online with a similar fender, i can’t find a lot with a front wheel/tire that wide.

Comment

• Cramer
        • Jul 2021

So I pulled the primary cover and was hoping to find a chain oiler causing my oil leak, but found it has been plugged and converted to a belt. It appears the oil is being slung from behind the engine drive sprocket. I cleaned everything up and as long as it doesn’t get worse I will just keep an eye on fluid level until winter, and then replace any seals/gaskets I can short of a rebuild.

I haven’t addressed the rear master yet. I did set the carb back to factory settings and then tune from there and it really made a difference in response/idle so that was a pleasant surprise.

I followed Farmall’s advice and ordered a full gasket set and was glad to have things like exhaust gaskets on hand.

Next up will be rear master and tires, then just start cleaning things up.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;