• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OliverClozoff
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by tzienlee
    Hey Tattooo,
    I know what ya mean, floorboards wouldn't be my first choice normally,
    but I'm getting old and my Hips are pretty fucked now, riddled with Osteoarthritis &
    it can be real painful just changing gear & keeping my feet on pegs, I have been thinking
    of some form of them on my Shovel to make it more rideable,
    I have been looking at getting a set of Moon Pedals,& getting creative with them so I
    can mount them in a way all I have to do is press on one for rear brake and swivel up &
    down for the gear change without having to lift my leg and foot off of them, I have not
    seen them used for floorboards before but I reckon somewhere out there MUST have used
    them for floorboards already,.. I know ya don't like them as a go to idea but what ya think
    for someone disabled, these are what im thinking of using, a left & a Right handed pedal,......
    I think I could be a fan of something like that. And, if you put a headlight dimmer switch (like Tattoo mentioned), it would be tits.

OC

Comment

• Bbqbiker
      • May 2015

Originally posted by OliverClozoff
      I think I could be a fan of something like that. And, if you put a headlight dimmer switch (like Tattoo mentioned), it would be tits.

OC
      Maybe tattoo offers a service where we can send him our footboards and then he can retrofit them with a 1972 General Motors dimmer switch

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Bbqbiker
        Maybe tattoo offers a service where we can send him our footboards and then he can retrofit them with a 1972 General Motors dimmer switch
        Actually it wasn't a GM switch..... I didn't use them because they are so large.............

Comment

• Jake883
          • Mar 2019

Never ridden weld on pegs. I'm assuming that people dont like then bc they wont give when you scrape like a fold up peg? Was thinking about doing a solid mount highway peg higher up on my bikes frame where scraping them wouldnt be an issue. I'm curious to see it I can make highway pegs strong enough to act as an engine guard (obviously not to the same strength as a set of bolt on ones you'd see on a bagger but something to keep the engine from getting all fucked I the event of a drop or slow lowside.) Not sure if it would actually do much but I kinda like the idea

Comment

• hillcat
            • Mar 2015

Sure they would be better higher up on the frame but not sure how well it would slide in event of a fall. Sliding is much preferable to tumbling and fixed bars to the frame may cause it to take strange changes of direction.
            Isn't that how Vlad died? Impaled?
            Also sounds like a possibility of tweakin' the frame in a fall down.

Tattooo - that guy didn't have the ability to run a hi-lo switch with his hand?
            Should he even be on a bike, if so?

Q - it will be bitchin' like a Camaro when you're done.

Comment

• tzienlee
              • Apr 2024

there is out there, a quite hard to find Case Protector for Shovelheads that protects the clutch cover or an open belt,
              I found a NOS one in Belgium, not sure if it was a Harley item or aftermarket.
              it slides into the lower frame cross tube & bolts on via a heavy duty bracket.
              if you drop the bike it will save your Primary cover or the whole clutch if you like me run an open clutch.
              here is a photo of mine, it isn't too ''in ya face'' so wouldn't look out of place on a chop either.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hoghead
                • Jun 2015

Check this out! I have some vintage andersons on my Pan, but these rock.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	pegs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	1315287

Comment

• tzienlee
                  • Apr 2024

WOW !!!..I like them a lot fella !!….
                  have you got a pic of them from both sides,.. it is giving me an idea,...
                  what are they made of ?... steel or Alloy ?

Comment

• hillcat
                    • Mar 2015

chop a Brannock Device in half haha!

Comment

• Hoghead
                      • Jun 2015

I'll have a dig, they are on a Pan owned by former Easyriders editor , Bandit.He had them for thirty years prior.

Comment

• Hoghead
                        • Jun 2015

Check this.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	pegs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1315291

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by hillcat
                          Tattooo - that guy didn't have the ability to run a hi-lo switch with his hand?
                          Should he even be on a bike, if so?

LOL I didn't say the guy didn't have any fingers....

It was more of a novelty....... I figured since you had such a large area on a chopper why not put some of the room to use.......

Just like these pegs I made for my Pan bobber when I first built it....... Yes there was a small switch in there......

I hated these pegs as your foot keeps moving, That's why it has rubber pegs on it now.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hoghead
                            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Tattooo
                            LOL I didn't say the guy didn't have any fingers....

It was more of a novelty....... I figured since you had such a large area on a chopper why not put some of the room to use.......

Just like these pegs I made for my Pan bobber when I first built it....... Yes there was a small switch in there......

I hated these pegs as your foot keeps moving, That's why it has rubber pegs on it now.....
                            Aye , have some Performance Machine pegs on one of mine, and hate the fact my feet don't stay put on them. They don't fold either...

Comment

• tzienlee
                              • Apr 2024

thanks for posting them, it has given me an idea, if it works i'll post it here....

Comment

• Tattooo
                                • Sep 2012

Here is a pic of them on my bike........
                                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;