CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by metalheart28 View Post
    What do you powder coat with? I have a harbor freight unit that works decent and I made an oven out of a metal trash can. I put a bbq temp gauge in the lid, an electric element in the bottom and put a rack from a smoker in it. You can use the rack or hang things from the bottom of the lid. The biggest parts I've done in it were both side engine covers for an xs650 and they turned out real good!
    I missed this previously.

I use the HF unit as well. Works great! The trash can idea is a good one also. You could even wrap fiberglass insulation around it if you wanted to.

I use an old kitchen stove I bought from someone locally here. Think I gave 35 bucks for it?

Biggest thing I've done is the oil pan from my Vette, and the Shovelhead cases.

I love the metering valve idea..

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by confab View Post
    I missed this previously.

I use the HF unit as well. Works great! The trash can idea is a good one also. You could even wrap fiberglass insulation around it if you wanted to.

I use an old kitchen stove I bought from someone locally here. Think I gave 35 bucks for it?

Biggest thing I've done is the oil pan from my Vette, and the Shovelhead cases.

I love the metering valve idea..
    That valve works good. I wish I had done it sooner. Yeah the trashcan could stand to be a little hotter since its just a 110 single burner in the bottom and I have thought about wrapping a welding blanket around it, just haven't used it in a while. Another mod I seen for the cabinet is trimming the mesh the parts sit on so it sits farther down in the cabinet and that will allow more space for bigger parts. I blasted the swingarm for my trike and that would have really helped!!

Share This