Tom Fugle's Iridescent multi-spectral paint.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cimino289
    • Sep 2018

I’m no genius when it comes to paint but now I understand why he had to sand it so much. He had to bury the foil in clear and then rough it up enough to shoot the flake and red clear over it. He had to keep the layers thin enough that they didn’t gum up either. Idk if he ever taught anyone the method so short of getting a medium we may never know. I think with some time and trial and error this is entirely replicable

Comment

• Hoghead
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Cimino289
      I’m no genius when it comes to paint but now I understand why he had to sand it so much. He had to bury the foil in clear and then rough it up enough to shoot the flake and red clear over it. He had to keep the layers thin enough that they didn’t gum up either. Idk if he ever taught anyone the method so short of getting a medium we may never know. I think with some time and trial and error this is entirely replicable
      I'm sure it is , note tho' Tom died at seventy five years old, and he'd been chopping his entire adult life. That's a lot of experience and skill. He was an artist , his skill with leather was amazing too. I wish i'd bought one of his belts now.

Comment

• Cimino289
        • Sep 2018

I’ve got a leather wallet that he made. He’s definitely one of those people I wish I could have met. Lots to learn if you’d just sat down and talked for a while.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;