CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Gs850 build

Default Gs850 build

I'm starting a build thread. It's a Gs850 I aquired. Recently. Already hartailed. But welds were pretty rough. I went through and grinded out alot of the welds and re did them. Engine has great compression. Wiring and brakes are non existent at the moment. It will be a lengthy buid but I will post pics as I go along.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

It must be one nasty machine it ya gotta tie it back with grade 70 logging chain and binders!

Lol. Absolutely. A little overkill I know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-01-10-16-36-10-1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	99420 here is a gas tank off a Harley I got for free. Not the best fit. But for Free I can make it work. I'm gonna try and keep this build as low budget as possible.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Can you extend that upper single backbone back to where the frame rails come up behind the engine, and tie it into that crosspiece, or add a new piece of tubing for a crosspiece, just above where the rear 'hardtail' joins the original frame? then cut off the two side rails that join to the front frame rails so it is like a typical chopper frame with a single frame tube from the seat area to the neck?

Name:	204.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	99432
    then your skinny tank would fit like any tank on a chopper frame.
    just an idea, don't know what your fabbing skills are or access to equipment.
    search for other gs850 or gs750 chopper builds on this site.
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 01-11-2020 at 3:16 AM. Reason: pic

Name:	2020-01-11 07.57.43.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	99433 drilled some holes in the tank to put sight glass port. Gonna weld half inch threaded bugs in there.

That is a good idea. I will have to do something. It's not gonna work the way it sits. And I think those two bars on the front just throw the lines off completely. I think I have some tubing I can put a curve in and make something work.

Share This