CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

I think what you need would be hi rise offset dogbone risers.
    They smooth out vibrations in the bars too.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Set of 8" risers will do it and make you feel like you are in the bike more rather than riding on top of it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1669.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	99341
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5650.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	99345
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7847.jpg   IMG_3549.jpg  
    Last edited by 47str8leg; 01-05-2020 at 9:42 PM.

It looks like the top of the riser is about 1/2 inch from the top of the tank. But where the riser goes into the top tripletree its about 2 or 3 inches from the bottom of the tank. What about dropping the handlebar riser clamp (dogbone) down to right on the deck of the triple tree. Pull a riser out turn it upsidedown turn the fork and see if the clamp part now has enough room to miss the bottom of the gas tank instead of the top? If the riser is threaded cut it off about 4 inches and thread it right to the bottom of the clamp. Think of it as welding (which you could do also) the handlebar mount of the riser (the clamping part) directly on top of the tripletree. Just a thought.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by mowen View Post
    If I slide back the seat mount the frame will look like shit. If I change the tank I just dumped all kinds of coin in paint and tank down the drain.. thanks for the advice/suggestions you guys always have good shit to say����
    Whoa... I know you're frustrated but first off you need to own this mistake because as Tattooo says you assemble completely before paint. You may have some reason for doing it backwards but it's not the right way.
    Second, there are only so many options at this point and you may have to sacrifice "looks" and compromise. Figure out all your options and pick one. I would probably sell the tank if you can't find a risers solution.
    Would another option be to raise the front of the tank?
    There is always a $olution.

Get Adobe Flash player

You need the wider triple trees and risers . Your best looking and cheapest way out of it. I know you want the skinny look but anything else will look like an afterthought and a compromise .
    Last edited by 47str8leg; 01-06-2020 at 7:42 AM.

Sell that front end and get an offset one.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rudyod View Post
    Sell that front end and get an offset one.
    That will fix NOTHING..........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Well actually it will reduce the tendency to speed wobble with 16" front tires on old frames. Won't affect the handle bar location though.
    Dusty

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDave View Post
    Well actually it will reduce the tendency to speed wobble with 16" front tires on old frames. Won't affect the handle bar location though.
    Dusty

Oh yea it will make the riding just a little different........ But the bars will be the same after spending over a grand...... Hope the guy that posted the suggestion learned something???????

ugh i have the same issue with my current set up. low biltwell risers on a springer combined with fatbobs and a panhead style speedo cover. The risers hit the cover at full lock so its a pain in the ass. I am converting to dog ears and flanders risers to sort it out when cash becomes available

The flanders top triple trees have the ear part that the dogbone/risers bolt to forward of the center line of the triple tree. Some aftermarket style trees have the stub sticking out inline with the rear leg not forward like the flanders. bewarel

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by flatman View Post
    The flanders top triple trees have the ear part that the dogbone/risers bolt to forward of the center line of the triple tree. Some aftermarket style trees have the stub sticking out inline with the rear leg not forward like the flanders. bewarel
    Very good point. Since those are the only ones I have I don't think about the later aftermarket versions being inline with the rear legs.
    Nice catch.

Get Adobe Flash player

What about a riser adapter plate?
    It bolts on the top of the fork legs, can be installed to put the risers closer to you, or turned around to put them further away from you.
    Gives you the 3 1/2" standard mount for risers.
    Here is a link to TCBros Choppers and what they have.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/chrome...5-centers.html

What about fabbing up a top tree with the holes to mount the risers offset forward a bit. Just a thought, don't know if it would work for OP

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Well, maybe I’m using the wrong terms or am misunderstanding what is being said.

When I look down from the top at the neck tube/stem (the 2nd pic in OP), the fork legs and dogbone mounts are horizontally in line with the neck.

When I view my springer (old Denver’s) from the same position, the tree is essentially in a “V” pattern, pushing everything forward of the neck.

Now I understand that it may be apples to oranges since my front end doesn’t utilize dogbones but instead has the handlebars slide directly into the rear legs but I have the clearance I need whereas I would not with an in-line.

So, Tattoo, help me “learn something.”

Get Adobe Flash player

Now I understand that it may be apples to oranges since my front end doesn’t utilize dogbones but instead has the handlebars slide directly into the rear legs but I have the clearance I need whereas I would not with an in-line.

So, Tattoo, help me “learn something.”
    Ok your logic is correct but when you said buy an offset springer that's what I was responding to........

The top tree is exactly the same on an inline or an offset the hole where the stem comes through is just offset about a 1/4"...... So buying a different front end won't help him just lighten his pocket book........

What your thinking is what the top tree on my Pan that I posted a pic of previously looks like........

Hopes this helps if not ask again and I will try again differently.......

Perfect explanation. My error was using the term “offset” to describe my springer. Thanks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Perfect explanation. My error was using the term “offset” to describe my springer. Thanks.
    No problem, Glad I explained it correctly........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDave View Post
    Dusty
    not if it has a 30 rake

Share This