Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • confab
    • May 2019

Some Powdercoating Swatches..

You can't tell anything from those little, tic-tac sized pics on their websites. So, I ordered some sample panels. Maybe they will help someone?

Unfortunately, I don't have any actual Harley black components to compare them too. I do have a brand new, never ran, right from the box, S&S head which is powdercoated in Wrinkle Black for a comparison. There's a yellow tape measure to maybe give them some contrast too?
    Attached Files
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Those pics are decent.

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Buying powder is kinda like watching Walt Disney up-chucking ... !!!

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• confab
        • May 2019

lol. Yeah, it is.

I never dreamed there was so much diversity in black, of all things.

Hopefully it may help someone at least narrow down which colors it is not. Which in my case is most of them.

Comment

• BrokeAss
          • Jan 2020

I'm a powder coater by trade, what are you trying to match, the Harley texture black on the engine?

Comment

• confab
            • May 2019

Originally posted by BrokeAss
            I'm a powder coater by trade, what are you trying to match, the Harley texture black on the engine?
            Nothing, really.. I've got some black S&S heads, but I don't like the color enough to duplicate it across the rest of the engine. So, they'll be a different color.

The problem I had was deciding on that color. The swatches on the websites are almost worthless and there is so much diversity in the color black, I just posted these in hopes it would help someone else trying to do an actual color match, or pick a particular shade. Because when I looked, you couldn't tell them apart hardly without an actual, physical, swatch in your hand to see in the light.

But thanks though! I appreciate your offer of assistance!

Comment

• BrokeAss
              • Jan 2020

Originally posted by confab
              Nothing, really.. I've got some black S&S heads, but I don't like the color enough to duplicate it across the rest of the engine. So, they'll be a different color.

The problem I had was deciding on that color. The swatches on the websites are almost worthless and there is so much diversity in the color black, I just posted these in hopes it would help someone else trying to do an actual color match, or pick a particular shade. Because when I looked, you couldn't tell them apart hardly without an actual, physical, swatch in your hand to see in the light.

But thanks though! I appreciate your offer of assistance!

No worries! I agree, the CGI swatches online are virtually worthless...if you shop www.PrismaticPowders.com you'll see that most of the colors also have customer-submitted photos of projects shot in that color, and it gives a much better representation. Have a look at this one for example:

SEA FOAM PEARL, product ID PMB-6797. Prismatic Powders offers more than 6,500 powder coating colors, equipment, and apparel all available all with fast direct shipping.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;