CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

That's the plan, I ordered some spacers off lowbrow, I'll used those and try to line up the rear tire by following FabKevins article.

I'll post the results and see if I my chain will clear

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200104_163533.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	99454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200104_163527.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	293.2 KB 
ID:	99455

From the looks of this (if I did this right) I definitely want to cut my axle back and have it re threaded. Shouldn't be a big cost I don't think.

I also forgot to account for the brake caliper bracket, but I have enough spacers to make it work.

Also, question about the chain. I'm going to need a longer one due to the stretch (3.75in?).

I saw lowbrow has a chain for 60$, now is it better to buy a longer chain and cut it back or is there a way to extend my OEM chain?

While chains can be extended by adding a piece, and an extra master link, you should not extend an old chain with a new piece.

Best to buy a new chain.

Jim

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

And better to buy a good quality chain now, instead of buying a lower quality no-name ($60) one, then buying a better one, such as another one Lowbrow carries for $100; Diamond 530 Drive Chain - 120 links USA made.

You can figure out the length of chain you need with this calculator; input pitch (5/8 for 530),
    # of teeth on sprockets, and distance between centers:

Name:	chain_calc.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	99457
    Chain Length Calculator; https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/chainlength.html

What is the condition of your sprockets... and maybe now is the time to consider changing sprocket sizes to change your ratio to achieve certain rpm for your cruising speed; best life from a new chain is having new chain with new sprockets.

You can use this RPM Calculator to determine your RPM in top gear with different sprocket sizes and comparing with stock, what you have now and options;

Calculate RPM For A Given Speed In Top Gear
    Fill in the blanks or choose dropdown options

Name:	deault.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	99456

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/pages/ca...e-rpm-vs-speed

Share This