CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Shovel lifters - solid, stock, evo conversion

Whatís your opinion on shovelhead lifters? Everyone is big on doing the evo conversion (cam and lifters) which Iím fine with, just want to know peoples opinions. Iíve always either run the factory hydraulics or solids, never did the evo conversion.
    Iím doing basically a stock rebuild on an 80 inch Shovel, And obviously the lifters will decide what Cam I go with, but nothing radical just a nice little street cam. Itís going to be a daily rider. Thanks

Get Adobe Flash player

I like running what came in the bike,,,,,,,,,,, I've never had any problems.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    I like running what came in the bike,,,,,,,,,,, I've never had any problems.......
    That's my thought as well.

Let shovels be shovels.

The factory hydraulic tappets work well with a mild cam, up to .450 lift, as long as the tappet body to tappet block clearance is correct.

Jim

FACTORY lifters,tappets are great if you could still buy them new. I would not trust any of the aftermarket junk out there. Velva touch evo conversion is top of the line even better than factory. Very expensive though

Get Adobe Flash player

I was contemplating the EVO oiling swap also.. Be Advised: If you want full EVO oiling (No lines, Oil up the pushrods) you are going to want the S&S or Jims (Expensive) rockers that enable this.

I picked up a set of stock EVO rockers and they do not align well in the Shovel covers, and certainly appear as though they will rub the pushrods into the pushrod tubes.

Share This