CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Need images of 40 degree raked choppers, please

I recently bought a rigid frame that has a 40 degree rake and would like to see some images of other people’s bikes to determine if I want to go that route. It is 0 up and 0 out. I got a really good deal on the frame, which is why I bought it. I am chopping an 81 Shovelhead. Any pictures would really help me. Please, let me know your rake, length of front end, and if it is up or out at all. Thanks everyone!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Got wheels and a front end to go with it? Mock it up to see if you like if...even just roll the back wheel in, prop the front of the frame to be where you like it, slide a tube of metal, or a broomstick through the neck to your axle...sit back, have a few pulls, sip a few, see how it feels...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPRINGER-MEASURiE, CBH.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	99082

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Skojas View Post
    I recently bought a rigid frame that has a 40 degree rake and would like to see some images of other people’s bikes to determine if I want to go that route. It is 0 up and 0 out. I got a really good deal on the frame, which is why I bought it. I am chopping an 81 Shovelhead. Any pictures would really help me. Please, let me know your rake, length of front end, and if it is up or out at all. Thanks everyone!
    Where have you searched so far???????? Pics are everywhere..............

I have google searched it and tried to find some forums with pictures, but the forums are old and many of the pictures have been taken down. Where are some other places to look?

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    Got wheels and a front end to go with it? Mock it up to see if you like if...even just roll the back wheel in, prop the front of the frame to be where you like it, slide a tube of metal, or a broomstick through the neck to your axle...sit back, have a few pulls, sip a few, see how it feels...

Name:	SPRINGER-MEASURiE, CBH.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	99082
    That is what I am going to do, but also wanted to see some other people’s bikes with different front ends. I only have the stock front end from the shovel to mock it up.

Get Adobe Flash player

It sounds like you have a "Digger" style frame..???
    https://www.google.com/search?q=digg...w=1350&bih=608
    Last edited by kmanator; 12-22-2019 at 1:54 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

A 40 degree neck with zero up and zero out is a far cry from a digger frame. We're only talking a few degrees further out than stock. Not very radical at all, but should look good.

Skojas, I lost my old computer that was loaded with pictures otherwise I'd have a few to show you. Hopefully someone comes along with some good ones.

Get Adobe Flash player

That is what I am going to do, but also wanted to see some other people’s bikes with different front ends. I only have the stock front end from the shovel to mock it up.
    Post a pic of your frame......... Did you happen to get a title with the frame?????

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Post a pic of your frame......... Did you happen to get a title with the frame?????
    This! We can't read minds over the internet. Nothing beats mocking up your frame and you can always change the rake if you don't like it.

Rather than look for bikes to match the rake, I'd do the smart thing and begin with a goal then figure out how to get there.

What does "real good deal" mean in English? If I buy something where price may be relevant I post the price and in this case that may usefully inform your choices! If the '81 Shovelhead has a Harley title it's worth some effort (like a neck swap to your new frame) to retain that title and your net result can have any rake you like.

Do yourself a large favor and tell/show us what outcome you want then we can tell you some good ways to get your machine precisely as YOU wish it to be. You came to the right place for Shovel and frame advice.
    Last edited by farmall; 12-22-2019 at 6:19 PM.

Name:	C682E241-6DED-42E4-8D0D-6899A0E83149.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	99111
    Here is the picture of the frame.

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	C682E241-6DED-42E4-8D0D-6899A0E83149.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	99111
    Here is the picture of the frame.
    Hummmmm, Now that's a cool frame...... Some of this that and the other.........

It looks like it wouldn't have a title so you can get a builders title for it...............

Get Adobe Flash player

That's a great frame dude, good find.
    This is an 80 shovel that I'm working on. Frame is a paughco 140, 40 degree rake, 0 out, 2 1/4 up. Springer is 38" from lower triple tree to axle.

Name:	20200112_144547.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	303.0 KB 
ID:	99514

Get Adobe Flash player

Buying a titled bike and chopping it is always the better way to go. You've usually got 3/4 of the parts and a title. That being said your frame is pretty neat. 40 degrees is only like what 8-10 over stock it isnt too much difference.

Get Adobe Flash player

Download your state rules for special construction vehicles and ensure you will have all required documentation, receipts etc.

Goal should be to keep your original Shovelhead frame titled and transfer the rest of the parts you wish to use by whatever paperwork suits your DMV. That way you'll have a titled frame to sell or use in future. If the new frame did not come with a MSO, find out what DMV will accept.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Shoppping

Shoppping, went shopping yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail (10).jpg   thumbnail (18).jpg   thumbnail (26).jpg   thumbnail (5).jpg   thumbnail (17).jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhahoodVato View Post
    Shoppping, went shopping yesterday.
    Opps somehow wound up in the wrong thread, despensa.

Share This