• Aug 2013

Originally posted by Tattooo
    Yep..............
    Haha

Comment

• moshumi13
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by farmall
      On an engine that young I'd be inclined to use up the stock parts first and just enjoy the ride
      Yeah it's got a Super E a stock look 2-2 performance exhaust, Twin Fire 2, Progressive suspension. Day 2 stuff. It runs great. I'm just going to keep it the survivor it is. I have faster bikes.

Comment

• moshumi13
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by farmall
        I doubt OP wants to replace everything on that motorcycle and we shouldn't forget stock can be fun and reasonably durable.
        Truth. I like it as is. I have learned to leave a survivor alone. That's typically my stance but it's cold out and I have cabin fever. I have a supercharger on my Mustang that I can't fuck with due to temps as well.

Comment

• moshumi13
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by DustyDave
          the current compression and cam sounds bout right for NOS and a blower.
          Dusty
          Blower is on my Mustang

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by moshumi13
            I'm just going to keep it the survivor it is. I have faster bikes.
            That's a very smart move,

That's exactly why I didn't change my 79 FXS......... There wasn't any need to..........
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by JBinNC
              (Although I think a stock motor is commonly known to produce 52 - 54 hp.)

Jim
              Factory HP is rated at the crank, there will be about a 20% loss though the drive train before it gets to the ground ..
              The charts was generated using Rear Wheel Horse Power ... Could change the chart parameters to read at the crank ...
              Last edited by Dragstews; 12-21-2019, 8:09 AM.
              Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• JBinNC
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Dragstews
                Factory HP is rated at the crank, there will be about a 20% loss though the drive train before it gets to the ground ..
                The charts was generated using Rear Wheel Horse Power ... Could change the chart parameters to read at the crank ...
                I bet running that simulation with a stock H cam would yield better hp numbers.

Jim

Comment

• moshumi13
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by JBinNC
                  Drag's charts show that power can be improved considerably with very little work. (Although I think a stock motor is commonly known to produce 52 - 54 hp.)
                  Because it's so easy and relatively inexpensive, I would do it now, and enjoy the change. I don't see any reason to wait, as farmall suggests. (And my Scots blood seethes when I have to take a new or near new or really nice motor apart to hop it up.) But I think it's always worth it, and a low mileage motor, no matter its age, will stand up to a good bit of roddin'.

Jim
                  Good points. Seems the way to go is 9.5 or leave alone. I'm def impressed by the improvement. Going to keep looking into it over the winter. Was surprised when Sportsters seemed twice as fast last time I was at a charity ride and I used to have one. Haha

Comment

• moshumi13
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Tattooo
                    That's a very smart move,

That's exactly why I didn't change my 79 FXS......... There wasn't any need to..........
                    That's a nice bike! I like those OEM air cleaners too. Here's my bike the post is about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-12 00.04.31.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	1314785

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;