CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JBinNC View Post
    (Although I think a stock motor is commonly known to produce 52 - 54 hp.)

Jim
    Factory HP is rated at the crank, there will be about a 20% loss though the drive train before it gets to the ground ..
    The charts was generated using Rear Wheel Horse Power ... Could change the chart parameters to read at the crank ...
    Last edited by Dragstews; 12-21-2019 at 9:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post
    Factory HP is rated at the crank, there will be about a 20% loss though the drive train before it gets to the ground ..
    The charts was generated using Rear Wheel Horse Power ... Could change the chart parameters to read at the crank ...
    I bet running that simulation with a stock H cam would yield better hp numbers.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JBinNC View Post
    Drag's charts show that power can be improved considerably with very little work. (Although I think a stock motor is commonly known to produce 52 - 54 hp.)
    Because it's so easy and relatively inexpensive, I would do it now, and enjoy the change. I don't see any reason to wait, as farmall suggests. (And my Scots blood seethes when I have to take a new or near new or really nice motor apart to hop it up.) But I think it's always worth it, and a low mileage motor, no matter its age, will stand up to a good bit of roddin'.

Jim
    Good points. Seems the way to go is 9.5 or leave alone. I'm def impressed by the improvement. Going to keep looking into it over the winter. Was surprised when Sportsters seemed twice as fast last time I was at a charity ride and I used to have one. Haha

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    That's a very smart move,

That's exactly why I didn't change my 79 FXS......... There wasn't any need to..........
    That's a nice bike! I like those OEM air cleaners too. Here's my bike the post is about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-06-12 00.04.31.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	99076

Share This