CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hillcat View Post
    I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom.
    I noticed my nut sack was striped.
    Ya, happens when you fall asleep holding a candy cane

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hillcat View Post
    Speaking of operations... how did yours go, Farmall? You healing OK?
    It went well. Doing physiotherapy three times a week instead of the typical two plus stretching at home is the ticket since shoulder muscles have a lot of heaing to do but they must be stretched so they don't heal too short and limit range of motion. Of course the shoulder should never be loaded like a natural joint so it's all about ROM, not weight bearing.

My sister is a physical therapist and mentioned the usual problem is patients are impatient and have a "git 'er dun!" attitude which wallows the replacement joints pinned mount. I refuse to have that problem and there's no excuse for any mechanic not to have a fast, easy and controlled mechanical solution for moving/lifting EVERYfucking thing.

I was doing that many years before the operation. Everything I can put on wheels goes on wheels because doing that once makes life easy for the rest of my future. Leverage tubing (stainless hydraulic tubing is awesome) makes wonderful cheater bars. A light cordless impact shits all over manual wrenching because it's so much faster yet easily controlled. I don't push heavy objects (washers, dryers etc) by hand since legs are far more powerful. or I can use rope to pull them. (An old tree falling trick is to tie rope to tree and to a deadman, then push the center of the rope for enormously increase leverage. It's impressive.) I collect every good hand truck I can snag cheap because ya can never have too many. My rope, cable, and jack collection is pretty good (including an air bag jack made from a truck air spring) so lifting ain't shit. I should have done all that in my 20s but I can move anything I want near effortlessly today. The Army/USMC rigging manual FM 5-125 is worth study and I keep it handy for reference.

https://www.marines.mil/Portals/1/MC...h.%201%20z.pdf

I never manually lift motorcycle engines. The patient lift I posted elsewhere is the easiest method and I use that to put them on Harbor automobile engine stands.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds like you're doing pretty well. PT is key, with your will power and your sister's expertise and support you should be better than before.
    Watch your footing, it's the accidental slip/trip and saving yourself with your bad arm that'll get you.
    Good luck for a full and uneventful recovery.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Some folks make a hobby of it. Sleep well!

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/new...eunuch-6325172
    Way too much info, I think I'm gonna miss super tonight.

Get Adobe Flash player

did U buy new Nuts! hope you got big ones

Share This