Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goose9696
    • Aug 2019

1982 xlh100 ironhead clutch issue

Okay so I'm having issue with my clutch when I pull it in and try to shift nothing happens but I can Still move and ride just not shifting and top of that the clutch would also make a clunk noise when I pull the lever But I haven't heard the clunk noise since I got the bike back from the mechanic
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Goose9696
    Okay so I'm having issue with my clutch when I pull it in and try to shift nothing happens but I can Still move and ride just not shifting and top of that the clutch would also make a clunk noise when I pull the lever But I haven't heard the clunk noise since I got the bike back from the mechanic

Ok so you can ride and move but not shifting??????????? Like it's stuck in one gear??????? If that's the case take it back to the guy that fucked it up....... Let him fix it.............

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Don't think I'd take it back to him... Might get it back worse than it is now .. !!

That's a very simple clutch ....

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

LOL Hell Jesse I agree but I hate to let a fish off the hook............ Especially when I'm sure he paid them good money to fuck up his bike............

Comment

• Goose9696
          • Aug 2019

Worst part the mechanic didn't even dig into that why I got the bike back guy was just letting my shit just collect dust so push came to shove to do it on my own since I'm down 6 months and 800 bucks and I'm not a pro with bikes but I'm determined to get this bike running

Comment

• Goose9696
            • Aug 2019

This video is definitely gonna help out a lot!!thanks

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Worst part the mechanic didn't even dig into that why I got the bike back guy was just letting my shit just collect dust so push came to shove to do it on my own since I'm down 6 months and 800 bucks and I'm not a pro with bikes but I'm determined to get this bike running

So you say he didn't touch it but you also said {But I haven't heard the clunk noise since I got the bike back from the mechanic } So he did something..............

Ok now that your going to work on it yourself..... Do you have a manual??????? If not get one........ Also you need to watch the video Jesse posted............. I'm sure it's a good one and will help you a good bit...........

Comment

• Goose9696
                • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Tattooo
                So you say he didn't touch it but you also said {But I haven't heard the clunk noise since I got the bike back from the mechanic } So he did something..............

Ok now that your going to work on it yourself..... Do you have a manual??????? If not get one........ Also you need to watch the video Jesse posted............. I'm sure it's a good one and will help you a good bit...........
                Well beside the clutch issue I had, he fixed my springer and change the head gasket on the rocker box but he didn't do the clutch how I ask for and some other things to and yea I got a clymer manual is there a better manual out there with more details and already watching it, mechanic said he never got into it cause he was to "busy"

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

I got a clymer manual is there a better manual out there with more details
                  Yes a factory Harley parts and a service manual........ That is 2 separate manuals...... One will help you with the other........

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                    • Dec 2017

Like a parts book; Ronnie's OEM Parts Finder:

1982 XLH SPORTSTER
                    Current Selection:
                    CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

Click image for larger version

Name:	HD79XL022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1314737

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson® offers service and parts, and proudly serves the areas of New Ashford, Windsor, Lenox and New Lebanon.
                    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Goose9696
                      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Tattooo
                      Yes a factory Harley parts and a service manual........ That is 2 separate manuals...... One will help you with the other........
                      Know where I can get that factory Harley part book ?

Comment

• Goose9696
                        • Aug 2019

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
                        Like a parts book; Ronnie's OEM Parts Finder:

1982 XLH SPORTSTER
                        Current Selection:
                        CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99023[/ATTACH]

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TCH%20ASSEMBLY
                        This a lot better then manual picture better print this one out

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

This a lot better then manual picture better print this one out
                          This is why I said to get a parts manual............. They are great............

Look on ebay, Amazon or places like that for one or your local Harley dealer..........

Clymer manuals are only good for the shit house..............

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

The Carl Salter site has free parts books and service manuals for download. Be sure to get the FACTORY books.

Visit the xlforum and study the Ironhead section. Knowledge is power so read and read some more.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;