Looking to swap out my 1992 sportster mag wheel for a 21" spoke. Any suggestions?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justcallmerick
    • Dec 2018

Looking to swap out my 1992 sportster mag wheel for a 21" spoke. Any suggestions?

I got a 1992 sportster 1200 with a 19" mag wheel. I'm looking to swap out the front wheel to a 21" spoke wheel. Ive seen that the newer models won't fit the older models. does any one know the correct year that would fit a 92.

Thank you
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Where have you looked or searched???????? Have you done a search here on CC?????????

Comment

• justcallmerick
      • Dec 2018

Ive searched locally (south florida) & google. This is my first post/search on chop cult.

Comment

• JBinNC
        • Dec 2018

Most narrow glide front ends from the '90s, like yours, came standard with 19" wheels, whether cast or spoked. The XL Custom is an exception, and came with a spoked 21" wheel.
        Through '99, all these wheels had the "narrow" hub with Timken bearings and a 3/4" axle. '00 and up had a ball bearing hub, and still a 3/4" axle for several years. An XL Custom front wheel, either Timken or ball bearing will work for you, or you can find a 19" spoked wheel and change it to a 21" rim and spokes.

Not that difficult. The 21" wheels from the wide front ends will not fit.

Jim

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by justcallmerick
          Ive searched locally (south florida) & google. This is my first post/search on chop cult.
          Got ya....... It looks like Jim answered your question.........

Post pics when you get the wheel swapped..........

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;