X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • confab
    • May 2019

Anybody follow Tatro Machine?

I love his youtube channel.

It is kinda cool because he doesn't guard everything like some ******* trade secret.

He seems to just really like bikes and tries to explain the nuances to noobie fanbois like me.

Should I send him a pair of my underwear? I hear it works with rock bands..
  • Nanonevol
    • Feb 2017

Yeah, his YouTubes are good. But I don't like...him...that...much.

Speaking of YouTube, anyone follow Colin Furze? He's a talented British fabricator with the creative mind of a 10 year old kid.
    Puts motors on all kinds of things and blows things up. Lot's of fun.
    Last edited by Nanonevol; 12-16-2019, 9:38 AM.

Comment

• confab
      • May 2019

I'll check him out..

Something else, I like long videos with people doing things. Not edited videos.

Tatro and some others do that, and you get to see screwups and all. It is totally human. Not some, like, presentation. He makes mistakes. He fixes them. It is just like a normal shop in that regard.

Someone else I used to like, that actually got me into Harleys, was a channel called "Hunting Harleys" and he had all these super cool older bikes.

And I'm watching and watching and then, it got really, really, weird and I kinda stopped.
      Last edited by confab; 12-16-2019, 1:42 PM.

Comment

• tomsoftail
        • Jul 2014

I very much like his channel. He is an excellent resource for people like me. I also dig his sweaters! Ha
        He is a typical expert in his field, he is an awesome machinist and complains about everything in a criticizing manner. Watch with the audio off.

Comment

• nuklhd
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by confab
          I'll check him out..

Something else, I like long videos with people doing things. Not edited videos.

Tatro and some others do that, and you get to see screwups and all. It is totally human. Not some, like, presentation. He makes mistakes. He fixes them. It is just like a normal shop in that regard.

Someone else I used to like, that actually got me into Harleys, was a channel called "Hunting Harleys" and he had all these super cool older bikes.

And I'm watching and watching and then, it got really, really, weird and I kinda stopped.
          You think his videos are weird just google him and you'll see why.

Comment

• datadavid
            • Oct 2014

This old tony on youtube is great as well, lots of interesting projects and clever machining tips. And fails��

Comment

• confab
              • May 2019

Originally posted by tomsoftail
              I very much like his channel. He is an excellent resource for people like me. I also dig his sweaters! Ha
              He is a typical expert in his field, he is an awesome machinist and complains about everything in a criticizing manner. Watch with the audio off.
              Yeah.. It is almost like weaponized autism with him.

lol. He's great, though.

Look around his shop when they sweep the camera. There's a shitload of complete motorcycles stuffed way, way up on the top of what look like industrial shelving units.

It is amazing all the stuff in that place.
              Last edited by confab; 12-17-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• confab
                • May 2019

Originally posted by nuklhd
                You think his videos are weird just google him and you'll see why.
                You mean the Todd guy from Hunting Harleys?

Yeah.. I caught some of that.

I'm watching harleys and watching and watching and all of a sudden, it forwards to a video where he talks about prison and body piercings and the FBI, and all kinds of strangeness.

That was not what I expected to see at all.. Holy hell.

Comment

• tomsoftail
                  • Jul 2014

Listen, I wasn't there when they prosecuted Todd. I don't know him. But..... I'm willing to give anybody the benefit of the doubt and it seems to me that the gubmint entrapped Todd. Just from what I've read on the internet. Was he practicing medicine, surgery without the appropriate license? Maybe.

That being said, again, he just comes off like he has the thinnest skin. He hates to be contradicted, hates to be doubted or even questioned. Stopped watching his videos a few years ago.

Comment

• confab
                    • May 2019

Yeah, I don't know either? It involved an ex and her daughter and, I dunno what all.

The FEDS were involved.

I know what he was convicted of, but I don't know how guilty he is for practical intents and purposes? Maybe you're right?

I know if the FEDS lean on you, they always win in court.. Statistically speaking, anyway.

So, a plea would look pretty good compared to almost a guaranteed loss and the possibility of years, or decades, in jail.

It is just a shame, because I liked the channel for the bikes. Not the drama.

I get the impression bikes are the only thing he really knows. Probably his whole life, and the bottom kind of dropped out of Harleys as of late. I think his personal fortunes went down also.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
                      • Apr 2010

Thumb Gansters..

Comment

• tomsoftail
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by confab
                        Yeah.. It is almost like weaponized autism with him.

lol. He's great, though.

Look around his shop when they sweep the camera. There's a shitload of complete motorcycles stuffed way, way up on the top of what look like industrial shelving units.

It is amazing all the stuff in that place.
                        WEAPONIZED AUTISM!!!!!!!
                        I had to tip my hat to you on this one. His latest batch of videos is him just saying junk and crap about all his customer's bikes.

Comment

• Sammy00
                          • Apr 2024

Yes, I also like to watch his videos. I learned a lot of useful things, he is a very cool man.

Comment

• flatman
                            • Sep 2017

I used to like to watch tatro. until the time the asshole kicked his dog because he was mad at something.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;