Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstripholdmybeer
    • Apr 2018

need help identifying oil pump fitting

I'm planning to bolt up my exhaust and hydraulic switch at the tab shown below and this fitting is causing problems. I searched my manual and couldn't find anything, not even a hole shown on the diagram. Anyone know and if it's something that can be capped or not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	1345801
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

That's the feed fitting into the pump. You can remove the brass plug next to the return fitting and add the street el and the line fitting you have, so feed and return are side by side at the top.

Jim

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by JBinNC
      That's the feed fitting into the pump. You can remove the brass plug next to the return fitting and add the street el and the line fitting you have, so feed and return are side by side at the top.

Jim
      Once again, thanks a bunch Jim. so I can set it up like this pic and just plug the bottom feed that is on mine?

Click image for larger version

Name:	shoveloilpumplinerouting2_zps1124302f.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1314674
      Last edited by firstripholdmybeer; 12-12-2019, 4:22 PM.

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

You could clean up the oil pump by finding one of these A/M end covers ...

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• tzienlee
          • Apr 2024

or,...change it with an filter oil pump cover from Jbrosg here https://www.facebook.com/filtrationadapter/
          simple to swap out and gives you a spin on filter directly fed by the pump,.. cleans up oil lines as well with both feed and return at the bottom,.. got one a couple of years agp and it's great, cant fault it other than price, but well worth it
          Attached Files

Comment

• JBinNC
            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by firstripholdmybeer
            Once again, thanks a bunch Jim. so I can set it up like this pic and just plug the bottom feed that is on mine?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98946[/ATTACH]
            Yes, you can use the pipe plug that is now in the top. All you need is one street el. You may have to turn the return fitting to get the second el in the top, but should be relatively easy.

Jim

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
              • Apr 2018

Originally posted by tzienlee
              or,...change it with an filter oil pump cover from Jbrosg here https://www.facebook.com/filtrationadapter/
              simple to swap out and gives you a spin on filter directly fed by the pump,.. cleans up oil lines as well with both feed and return at the bottom,.. got one a couple of years agp and it's great, cant fault it other than price, but well worth it
              originally I was going to do this and realized it would be blocking the area I needed for the switch. I know, change location of the switch. I already got all of the lines to length though. I wish I would've stuck with this setup.I may end up swapping it out later on.

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Dragstews
                You could clean up the oil pump by finding one of these A/M end covers ...

Great idea, I'll see what I can find. theres a lot of bs/clutter going on with mine.

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                  • Apr 2018

Originally posted by JBinNC
                  Yes, you can use the pipe plug that is now in the top. All you need is one street el. You may have to turn the return fitting to get the second el in the top, but should be relatively easy.

Jim
                  perfect man, easy cure for a headache

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;