Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docmel
    • May 2015

OEM Toolbox location on swingarm panhead

Folks. Looking to install an OEM style, teardrop shape toolbox on my OEM frame/swing arm pan head. I have seen some pics on what I assume to be an original style OEM (tear drop shaped) toolbox on the web:

When mounted, it appears that all of the pics I have seen were on kick only (pre '65) models, so there is room to mount one (no large battery box) just forward of the lower rear fender on the frame, on the carb side of the bike

See the two pics:

My questions:

1. I'd like close up pic if available, of exactly where the toolbox would mount

2. Pic of the proper mounting bracket

3. I have seen several versions of the tear drop style toolbox. If someone could post a link of the correct style for the swing arm style (aftermarket OK) , that would be a great help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by docmel; 12-10-2019, 8:53 AM. Reason: Add pics
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

What year pan do you have????? You didn't say......

Are you looking to put a tool box on a 65 since you can't find a pic of one with a box............

Comment

• docmel
      • May 2015

Tattooo:

The pics show the style toolbox I want to mount on my Pan head swing arm frame: I believe the style toolbox shown in the pics fit 58-64 Pans. Exact year of my OEM pan head swing arm frame may not matter (as the swing arm (round or square) does not play a factor here), but regardless, I have a 1964 OEM swing arm frame

If I could just get a pic of the proper mounting bracket it would solve my issue. There are allot of different mounting brackets out there on research and I cant get closure on what tool box bracket is used on 58-64 Big Twin swing arm frames

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by docmel
        Tattooo:

The pics show the style toolbox I want to mount on my Pan head swing arm frame:
        It's obvious your looking for a bracket for a swingarm bike...... Your the one that mentioned a 65 not me...... You said... {it appears that all of the pics I have seen were on kick only (pre '65) models} That sounds to me like you were looking for a pic of an electric start and you can't find pics of it.....

Now we know.....

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Now that we know what your you have I will look and see if I have a pic of the bracket..... This is a pic of my Stock 62 Pan...........
          Attached Files

Comment

• nuklhd
            • Sep 2013

your tool box mounts to 2 threaded bungs in that red 1960 you have pictured.Look in front of your shock on the frame. I can email you a Friday if youd like. he 2 screws are 5/16-24x27/32 ctsk with 2 dished wshers
            Last edited by nuklhd; 12-11-2019, 5:55 PM.

Comment

• nuklhd
              • Sep 2013

found the hardware for your tool box https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Panh...4AAOSwUsJYWH7G

Comment

• docmel
                • May 2015

nuklhd: Thanks for the location mount and the hardware link. Question answered!

Comment

• nuklhd
                  • Sep 2013

Happy it helped Docmel.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;