CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default softail rim laced to Sportster hub

Hey guys!

Ive been a member of the forum for a long time but I never post anything, Ive been able to find all the info I need searching but not this time. I just got a 2004 21" softail wheel and I was wondering if I could lace it to my Sportster hub ( Its from a 2006 Sportster low) Im worried about the lenght of the spokes as both wheels have different style hubs. thanks in advance, any info will be very helpfull.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Call Buchanian about a spoke question...... They know all..............

But I'd bet you could...... Plus how much difference is there in the two wheels??????????

Thanks, I will email them,Im not from the US. The rim from the sportster it's a 19" but I will only be using the hub. Spokes and rim would come from the softail wheel, I think the rim will be fine but I'm still not sure about the spokes.

Get Adobe Flash player

Buchanan's stainless spoke kits are a nice upgrade over chrome plated stock parts.

You can check the Ronnie's HD or Surdyke online parts finder to compare and see if the spokes are the same part number as those used on a 21" Sportster front wheel.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

Hey guys,

So Buchanan got back to me and they told me that the spokes won't work... It's about 130$ for a set of stainless steel spokes but I found a complete 21" wheel from a sportster custom for a good price so I'm going to go for it and sell the one from the softail. Thanks for all the answers!

Get Adobe Flash player

Appreciate you following up to let us know how it worked out.

Share This