X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaime1314
    • Mar 2016

softail rim laced to Sportster hub

Hey guys!

I´ve been a member of the forum for a long time but I never post anything, I´ve been able to find all the info I need searching but not this time. I just got a 2004 21" softail wheel and I was wondering if I could lace it to my Sportster hub ( It´s from a 2006 Sportster low) Im worried about the lenght of the spokes as both wheels have different style hubs. thanks in advance, any info will be very helpfull.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Call Buchanian about a spoke question...... They know all..............

But I'd bet you could...... Plus how much difference is there in the two wheels??????????

Comment

• jaime1314
      • Mar 2016

Thanks, I will email them,Im not from the US. The rim from the sportster it's a 19" but I will only be using the hub. Spokes and rim would come from the softail wheel, I think the rim will be fine but I'm still not sure about the spokes.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Buchanan's stainless spoke kits are a nice upgrade over chrome plated stock parts.

You can check the Ronnie's HD or Surdyke online parts finder to compare and see if the spokes are the same part number as those used on a 21" Sportster front wheel.

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson® offers service and parts, and proudly serves the areas of New Ashford, Windsor, Lenox and New Lebanon.

Comment

• jaime1314
          • Mar 2016

Hey guys,

So Buchanan got back to me and they told me that the spokes won't work... It's about 130$ for a set of stainless steel spokes but I found a complete 21" wheel from a sportster custom for a good price so I'm going to go for it and sell the one from the softail. Thanks for all the answers!

Comment

• DoomBuggy
            • Oct 2016

Appreciate you following up to let us know how it worked out.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;