Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levi517
    • Nov 2019

Suzuki vs1400 "Fat" tire bobber

Just got a 1994 Suzuki vs1400 intruder. I want make a bobber out of it. Looking online I really like the "fat" front tire look (example picture below) . I can't tell if all these guy's are using their factory frontend or buying wider triple trees. Also I can't tell if they are going to a 16" rear from the original 15".

Does anyone know the max size of wheels and tires, front and rear, will fit on factory bike?

Can anyone steer me in the direction I need to go to install a "fat" tire without buying new trees?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191120-135118_Google.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	1345781
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

wide tires need wide trees;
    Custom Triple Trees - Manufacture of Custom Triple Trees for any Brand Motorcycle! Domestic or Imported!
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Apparently some tires work with a rim swap:

mit Teilegutachten nach §19/3 StVZO. Beim Einbau einer Felge 3.50x16" kann die Reifengröße 130/90-16 67H tl Marathon Front oder 150/80-16 71H tl Marathon Front von Metzeler aufgezogen werden. Die Verwendung der Reifengröße 130/90-16 67H tl Marathon Front…

Hit some Suzuki forums for wheel swap info from other bikes, and possibly fork swaps too depending on how fat you want. Used clean stock salvage parts will be cheaper than aftermarket cu$tom pieces.

Comment

• Luky
        • May 2018

Just Google Suzuki Intruder 1400 Specifications. That is all you have to do.

Changing from a 15" to 16 inch diameter rim is a lot of work for almost no change.
        Not really worthwhile. That motorcycle was designed as a chopper and had 36ยบ of rake from the factory.
        The bike already looked good and sounded good. The battery was mounted down low just in front of the rear wheel.
        Oil cooler was stock and was air cooled. Disc brakes front and rear. Duel carb V twin!

Comment

• levi517
          • Nov 2019

Ended up going with Shinko 270 super classic 5.00 x 16 tires, did not have to change tree. did have to get new rims 16"x3" and re-spoke & true (which was fun learning something new).

Comment

• Luky
            • May 2018

Originally posted by levi517
            Ended up going with Shinko 270 super classic 5.00 x 16 tires, did not have to change tree. did have to get new rims 16"x3" and re-spoke & true (which was fun learning something new).
            WOW, A 5.00 wide tire on 3" wide rim. Tire would stick out 1" on each side of the rim.
            It would look fat alright.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Luky
              WOW, A 5.00 wide tire on 3" wide rim. Tire would stick out 1" on each side of the rim.
              It would look fat alright.
              That's why it would be called a FAT tire bike........... LOL

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;